Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need some help!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jolinjoHome userMember since 2008
Ok, just got started and so far Im very happy with VDJ.

I'm using it with the vestax vci-100 and a presonus firebox soundcard.

However...

When I spin the jog wheels some kind of distortion pops up even though the crossfade is set to the other side. This is a pain in the ass while cuing. How can this be fixed?

There is some kind of album cover setting on top of the playlist, can this be deleted so the playlist window will grow bigger?

The trim knobs are set to pitch control, Id rather have them as volume adjustments. Can this be fixed?

Want to get ahold of some echo or delay effects. Where can these be found?

Also wondering what settings are you using in VDJ (sound quality etc..)?

Thats alot of questions, hope I'll get an answer or two.

Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 8:27 am

1) Try a higher latency at your Firebox soundcard to prevent crackles when moving jogwheels, or try OVERCLOCK and/or SAFEMODE in VDJ performance tab, and aslo try adjust the performance slider to crackles are gone. Most likely you also need to set AUTO for latency in VDJ. All this is in the Performance setting tab.

2) Yes, at the far rigth corner of your browser there is a button where you can turn covers off... You can also adjust the size the covers display, by dragging the browser up, if you want covers, but lesser size.

3) No, not using the native plug and play mapper. But you can download a custom mapper from tools download, and map out the vestax any way you want (but loosing lids as xml mappers cant flash up lids...)
BUT YOU NEED VDJ PRO LEGAL LICENCE TO DOWNLOAD TOOLS

4) same as above, all plugins are free for full registered users. You need to buy a VDJ licence...

5) In performance tab setting, move the slider to as far right as your PC will allow. It depends on your PC, and "not" VDJ... Hard to say what setting would be best for you... just try out ;)

Hope that helps

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 8:09 pm
jolinjoHome userMember since 2008
Thank you for a top-a-the-top response!

I'm also a dj in Norway, Oslo...

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 9:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)