Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: well it FINALLY happened = CRASHGUARD!! [v5.0.7]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Crash ID=004767d7 (date=806140021, version=5.0.7, build=507, thread=Main, dump=66833800, excode=c0000005 (0,a624521a))

It happened towards the end of a short video set. I was playing Low Is Gone mashup vid from SmashVidz and then went into PO's David Guetta "Love Is Gone" and while I had the Low Is Gone outro beats looped and Love Is Gone playing I went to the song browser and thats when the big smiley face showed me his face and mine face turned sad!

So, what happened here?

Not sure if I can duplicate it.

Thanks!

-Jay

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 3:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Might want to UPGRADE to 5.1 ?

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 8:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It was the crash of the "Invalid folder". Were you using an external USB HD?
Where did you click in the brower? On which icon or folder?

Read THIS

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 11:18 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
invalid folder?? How's that possible when I haven't moved files or deleted folders? I guess its possible for it to happen if the drive lost connection eh?

I have not upgraded to 5.1 yet because of the tccd issue I've been reading over on the general discussion forum. it has made me not want to risk it.I was using external usb wd passports. I've been using those since day 1 and have had this problem before.I didn't click on a folder..I can't remember if I went to click in the search box to type in or to scroll down to another vid in the ones that were already showing. I didn't do anything different than I did before so that's why its kinda puzzling.Should I be concerned/worried about the time code with 5.1 I've been reading or is it isolated?

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 2:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
About your crash: it could be indeed linked to a reset of the search field if Windows can't find the folder on your HD.

You still have the 5.0.7 timecode engine in 5.1, so you won't have problems. Just select "VDJ Timecode v4" in 5.1 if you want to use 5.0.7 engine. I could even say that this v4 engine is better in 5.1 because of some fixes made ;-)

Some users reported problems with the new engine only "VDJ Timecode v5" but this engine works for others so we will see what we can do to improve the new v5 engine

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 4:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)