Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "TO ALL USERS"MUST READ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR ALL USERS .AND IT IS A FACT IF YOUR GOING TO USE YOUR LAPTOP FOR DJING.I RECOMEND TO JUST HAVE THE VDJ. AND MAYBE ONE MORE SOFTWARE FOR VISUALS.AND THATS IT DONT INSTALL OTHER SOFTWARES BECAUSE IT WILL CAUSE CONFLICT.WITH VDJ. I LEARNED FROM EXPERIANCE.

SEE WHAT HAPPENDS IS THAT EVERYTIME YOU INSTALL A SOFTWARE what it does the software will share files that it thinks it needs and if vdj has a file that it shares thats it .then vdj will cause conflicts. what happend with me is i installed the mapper for the hurculess mk2. but i couldnt get it to open. and i came to find out that a software from arksoft was sharing a file from vdj. and i had to do my laptop again .so know i only have vdj.for the music.and music videos.and arkaos for visuals. and they both run sweet.now :-)

thank you for reading
dj matrix

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 7:42 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
there are other things at play here. its nice to have a machine dedicated for vdj, but its not a rule and its not a requirement. however, knowledge about how software and drivers work plays a key here.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 10:43 pm
My lappy is not dedicated, but I do use a separate user account and specific hardware profile for DJing, tweaked for optimum performance. It's been working for me, anyway ;)

Posted Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 1:50 am
discjockeydoc - thats the way to successfully do it, if you have to put other apps on your machine.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 9:41 pm
GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I must be just lucky then!

A few weeks ago (not so lucky) my main dedicated gig pc wouldn't fire up so I used my back up laptop. This laptop surfs the net everyday and has loads of programmes on it. Throughout the night it worked flawlessly if fact I'm now wondering why I take such a huge 19" rackmount PC around!

At home I use the back up laptop to sort out tunes, mix video's and basically try new ideas and features before going on the road and I never get issues.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 2:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)