Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MAJOR bug: BPM analyzer clobbering existing setttings when song is played - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
going to try that...

PS DJ Marcel, if it only was rescanning, but we are talking manual editing....

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 9:54 pm
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Jaakko your a hero!

I already have most key's in the info so should be fine... i just forgot to make a backup of the database on my external drive! luckily my main crates are on the main drive!

This should be common known info on the main tread, because lots of people there asking similar questions...

Now the only thing wrong with 5.1 is that they still did not fix the backspinning quickly (it looses track) in the time code control. I tried torq and serato vinyls its far from perfect, but its good enough to save my cue vinyls for gigs only...

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 12:13 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes this hack helped me also because i have imported keys from another source, i really have no need for 5.1 re-analyze anything.
Just be careful if you edit your database.xml. You really should make a backup of the file. Sometimes if you edit the file, you get "database corrupted" error if your text editor uses different encoding than virtual dj. I actually have a backup program that make a backup copy of the database files every night...

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 4:21 am
ReTangoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
jaakko.. thanks!
Has anyone tried if this hack also fixes the mix-point overwrite problem? (when loading songs, VDJ 5.1 overwrites all mix point info)..
thanks, ReTango

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 5:10 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
ReTango: Yes I think so but I have not tried though. IsScanned="510" value tells the VDJ that a track is already scanned on 5.1 , don't scan it again.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 6:45 am
ReTangoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
@jaakko: Thanks!!! Tried it and seems to be working so far! Thanks a lot again! Regards,
ReTango

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 9:39 pm
Hi, I'm am the original poster for this issue and I'm glad it has gotten enough attention from the community that someone created a work-a-round. Thanks Jaakko, I will try your hack and hope it works!!

DJ+Remedy

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 11:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)