Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules dj console sound card problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I just purchased a Hercules dj console (mk2) which has a built in sound card. When I connect it to my pc it becomes the default sound card. However when it is the default I cannot access the mixer recording settings. When I enter Volume control>options>properties and then select the recording option, its totally empty. No options such as stereo mix are available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 5:09 am
Hello Toppadon,

The only recording option of DJ Console MK2 control is the selection of the input source, microphone or line input 1-2 in, a selection you can do in DJ Console Control Panel. You have no volume setting on the recording input of DJ Console Mk2.

To restore your built in sound card as default sound card, click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices, and once there go to Audio tab, and
- in Sound Playback field, change the device to your built-in sound card,
- in Sound Recording field, change the device to your built-in sound card,
and these settings restore your built-in sound card as default audio card, and you find again the windows mixer properties you are used to.

But remember that each time you unplug and replug your DJ Console MK2 in Windows, it will become again the default audio device (it is one of the properties of Windows plug and play) and you will have to follow the same process to restore your built in sound card as default device.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 3:58 am
Thanks for your reply. I have made my pc's sound card the default card again and everything is working as it should. Also when I unplug the dj console and plug it back in, the computer remembers that the default sound card is the pc's card and not the hercules dj console. I actually worked this out before I seen your reply but thank you for taking the time to post a reply.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 5:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)