Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rmx problem [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have not done much trouble shooting on this so please bear with me.
I was playing a song the other night and had some free time to check out the different futures of the RMX. I tried PAN RIGHT nothing changed. I should have lost the LEFT channel but I did not. So, I tried to PAN LEFT and to my supersize, I lost sound completely.
I have notice that one of my headphone channels also sounds a little brighter sounding than the other. I have not documented what channel it is only because I just downed on my.

I checked the RMX mixer control setting and did not see anything that would help.
I checked the sound controls in VDJ and everything look fine.

I’m setting up the case to start troubleshooting so please help and post your suggestions.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 11:33 pm
Sorry. The right side cuts out.

Left and Right RCA outs are playing the left signal.

I don't run in ASIO but I did try it and the same thing happens.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 12:00 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 1:56 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
paul dont know if this will help, seems a very strange thing going on with your rmx, before i boot up i make sure everything is connected then i start vdj off when thats ready to go i do a quick test to make sure all sliders and control knobs are working the skin i'm using, at least this way you may trouble shoot from the beginning and see where that leads you... hope that may help, other than that put an sos out for cstoll

Tayla

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 2:29 pm
thanks but did that

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 4:48 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Humor me on this Paul.
From the top
1) Plug in RMX after boot up
2) Open VDJ
3) Click Config
4) Click sound
5) Top box = none
6) Middle box = Headphones
7) Bottom box = DJ Console RMX
8) Drop box = Master 1/2, Heaephones 3/4

If you have plugged in after the program starts you will have control but no channel separation.
You will find it assigned to the default sound card.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 6:39 pm
Same thing. When I turn the balance to the right, the music cuts out in left and right speaker.

I've used this software for sometime and others as well and understand how to setup the sound card settings.
Your suggestion is valid and I have tried the different settings. Something is just not right.
I even tried ASIO settings and same thing.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 10:54 pm
These are my settings

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 11:30 pm
paul, i don't use the 4:1 setting i select the rmx icon and so far cross legs has worked fine for me, in fact i've tried those settings you use and just can't get it to work some how...

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 3:24 am
mp3jrick wrote :

7) Bottom box = DJ Console RMX
8) Drop box = Master 1/2, Heaephones 3/4

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 4:43 am
I have tried all the different settings under ( 7) Bottom box = DJ Console RMX ) and still the same thing. Reason I don’t use the RMX setting is that I get a small skip (hiccup) in the music every so often when I use the RMX setting.
Other than that everything work pretty dam good, but I never had or will probably every have a reason to use the BALANCE knob. I just wont it to work because it to work and if it don’t work then no telling what might happen next.
Is there anything in the computer sound settings I should look at?
It’s like the signal from the computer is Bridged to the left. Left and right RCA outputs have the same signal. I played ACDC “all night long” the other night and was missing the gutare licks.
When I turn down the Right Chanel on the RMX Control Panel, the same thing happens.

I’m so frickin lost with this.

I’m going to try hooking up the RMX to this Laptop and see what happens.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 7:00 am
Please set it up as I described and report, do it from scratch not memory.
It must be set as RMX and have master 1/2 and phones 3/4 in the drop box to get the channel separation.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 7:23 am
i used to get the hiccup and burbs but since 5.1 everything is fine...

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 7:26 am
Still happens with me V5.7

I tried running the sound through the ¼ inch jacks and the BALANCE work fine. Is anyone else using the RCA jacks?

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 8:21 am
paulettecerra wrote :
Still happens with me V5.7

I tried running the sound through the ¼ inch jacks and the BALANCE work fine. Is anyone else using the RCA jacks?

You mean 5.07
Maybe you should try 5.1

You still didn't reply to my request to set this up as I indicated twice now.

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 8:43 am
Sorry everybody. With more investigation, the VOcopro mic mixer has a Vocol eliminator on it and when activated even if you don't have anything going through that input, put the mixer into mono.

Thanks guys. this thing can be deleted

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 8:46 am
no probs paul, we have got the firing squad on the way... lol

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 10:31 am
paulettecerra wrote :
Sorry everybody. With more investigation, the VOcopro mic mixer has a Vocol eliminator on it and when activated even if you don't have anything going through that input, put the mixer into mono.

Thanks guys. this thing can be deleted

You are kidding me right?
Should have known there would be some other factor in this...
Oh well serves me right I guess

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 11:41 am
don't know what i was thinking about "VOcopro mic mixer" now normally thats the first question anybody asks... lol

will be the next time hehe

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 2:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)