Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode CDs - 0 percent

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Problem with Timecode CD's. It doesn't move from "0" percent. I can see the red and green lines on the screen but it stays at 0 percent.

I've used both versions of the timecode cd.
Tried burning them at a slower rate.
I've poked around and read other topics but, at least on the topics I've read, there seemed to be differences in the suggestions that didn't match with my situation.

As a side note - I'm listed as an unregistered user because I never registered the LE version that I got when I bought a Total Control.
My friend is temporarily using my laptop on the weekends for some gigs while he gets a new one. So, I'm gonna take advantage of the full version being in my laptop. He's using the Numark iCDX so he has no problems. I don't really care for the feel of the Total Control it and I really want to see how the full version works with timecoded CDs before I decide if I'm gonna upgrade or not. (ownership has it's advantages). Thanks in advance for the help.

Here's the basics of what I'm I'm using:
INTEL 2 Core-Dual
3 gigs memory
MAYA44 sound card
Virtual DJ v5
Denon 100 mixer
Denon 1000 cd players

What else do you need from me so you can help me?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 5:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maya44 Soundcard Setup -- ASIO Config button --

In the first tab with all the channels displayed.
Mute the first 4 for Monitoring the inputs.
Set the INPUT Gains at just below 50% (1/2) at about 40%.
Set the OUTPUT Gains at 100%

---USB Tab - Device Maya44, checks in Output and Input, Sample Rate - 44.1kHz, Resolution 16bit
---ASIO Tab - ASIO Resolution 24 bit, System performance - Highspeed, everything else default

These are the settings I use.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 7:27 pm
hey there i had the same problem with my dj console mk2. what i did is now lisen to this. the usb cables dont use the type thats black normal.use the usb cables that look like steal braided you get better flow less ground noise and do the same with audio cable. and heres a tipe. instead of using the cd part of the time code use the vinyle on the time code config. alot better responce.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 10:01 am
The only thing I couldn't do was change the ASIO Resoluion to "24 bit".

I can still see the red and green lines as if VDJ is getting a signal but I'm still getting "0" percent.

What next?

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 9:29 am
Well... can I please get some help?

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 9:40 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To change the resolution, do it through the Maya Control panel without VirtualDJ being launched.

After you make that change and open VirtualDJ, have you gone in and run the Auto Config in the Timecode setup ?

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 1:20 pm
I had launched VDJ first, then tried making the changes for the MAYA. I'lll do it the other way around tonight. And, yes, I've been pressing the autoconfig.
I'll post my results tomorrow morning. thanks

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 2:09 pm
As I walked toward my equipment I was thinking that I shouldn't be having this much trouble with it because I truly believe that Virtual DJ is a fantastic program and ssssso easy to use. I first checked the most basic thing.... how the cd players were connected to the MAYA. And guess what? I had them hooked-up backwards!!!! I couldn't stop laughing at myself, jeez, what a goofy mistake.
I also had to switch and use the timecode cd's for the higher-quality cd players. Thank you for your suggestions!

Now I have a new question/issue
I was able to immediately see how well it works with turntables but the functions on my cd players don't work/control the music like they would if I had loaded a cd. I can not for example setup loops or use the stutter buttons. How can I get more control?

Posted Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 12:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)