Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 5.1 V4 & V5 Timecode[SOLVED] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Went over a friends to try the new engine.

V5 when pressed autoconfig didn't move off of 0 PERCENT

Tried V4 Worked fine....Why didn't the new engine work?

Also
When i hit record on "RECORD MOVIE"

Said "Record error video codec not found"

Can someone help?

thanks

P.s Also indepth diffrences between v4 & v5? Thanks

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 8:54 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You tested with your VirtualVinyl sound card or with another one?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 9:07 pm
I tested with MY VIRTUAL VINYL card. Brought my whole set over and just plug it in

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 9:35 pm
Yea it's definitely got to be checked out. i tried it 100 times and it showed a percentage 2 out of a 100 on V5. V4 every time it showed a percentage and it's with my virtual vinyl soundcard.

Also did it on 3 different laptops witch all came with the "VIDEO ERROR" As well.

some solutions or explanations would be helpful. with these

thanks

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 10:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djstickittooem wrote :
When i hit record on "RECORD MOVIE"

Said "Record error video codec not found"

Simply, you don't have the MPG4 encoder codec on your computer. Download it or use another codec.

About the first problem, it was with Numark vinyl or CD or both?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 6:38 am
Hi, I didn't try it with CD's ONLY Numark virtual vinyl timecodes...........

also where is the best place to find this codec?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 9:07 am
?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 3:16 pm
Difference between V4 & V5?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 10:26 pm
djstickittooem wrote :
Hi, I didn't try it with CD's ONLY Numark virtual vinyl timecodes...........
also where is the best place to find this codec?

If you want them all you can go here for example: http://shark007.net/

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 9:25 am
Appreciate the codecs. Thanks

What about the the 0% on V5? I tried tweaking with it all and NOTHING stays on 0% with V5?

I need to know WHY? V4 is normal but V5 doesn't move What do i have to do ATOMIX?

i'm using the virtual vinyl soundcard!

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 11:30 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djstickittooem wrote :

What about the the 0% on V5? I tried tweaking with it all and NOTHING stays on 0% with V5?

I need to know WHY? V4 is normal but V5 doesn't move What do i have to do ATOMIX?

I'm havin problems too, but I've come to the conclusion that with the V5 timecode engine being new, it needs to be looked at and fined tuned, so therefore I'll be using the old V4 engine till it's sorted.

I would advise you to do the same thing as it won't be sorted in a matter of hours or days. The Dev team will need time to sort it.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 12:34 am
Ok, Will do thanks........

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 7:09 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
jimmy b wrote :
djstickittooem wrote :

I'm havin problems too, but I've come to the conclusion that with the V5 timecode engine being new, it needs to be looked at and fined tuned, so therefore I'll be using the old V4 engine till it's sorted.

I would advise you to do the same thing as it won't be sorted in a matter of hours or days. The Dev team will need time to sort it.

Same Here, i'm sticking with v4 engine it works a 100% for me.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 10:27 pm
Not sure why V5 would be released if it didn't work to begin with?

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 9:19 pm
djstickittooem wrote :
Not sure why V5 would be released if it didn't work to begin with?

because depending on several things i.e: cpu,ram processor defragged hd cluttered cpu program conflicts,

same with video some ppl say its flawless some say it doesnt work"it all depends on how u set up ur system AND if your system CAN HANDLE it.

if it was released then obviously the team felt comfortable enough to put out here(and with all the "when is the next version coming how soon can i download it and run to a gig without testing it first so it can crash on me so i can look embarrassed and have something to complain about on the forums instead of reading up "the updated 5.1 instruction book for example "one would know:

Quote :
the v5 tccd egine is not an update but rather an option .it introduces noise map timecodes like serato uses to vdj .u should not assume since it is a bigger number that it is better !! but an option. However, the V4 engine did include a few bug fixes and is working better in 5.1 compared to the v4 engine in 5.0.7

with this in mind the user should test his/her set-up as if were in a live situation and decide on using the one that works whether it being v4 (mix)engine or v5 (scratch)engine.

now where did i get this qoute from ? i've been smokin too much maryjayne..heheh 

edit: hope i didn't come off soundin harsh (it's like 4am or sumthin here and the bar was packed);p

Posted Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 3:04 am
Yea i understand the whole different in computer specs ect and the fact that there could be some sort of conflict .

But i tested on a total of 4 pc laptops all exceeded minimum requirements ect and no luck. I figured it couldn't be all the pc's.......and that there must have been a serious issue.

How can i prevent the tracks from jumping during regular timecode play. Lately i play a track and randomly it will skip from say the beginning of the track to the middle with no needle jumping,vibration ect. What causes this and how can it be prevented?

Posted Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 11:11 am
thats weird .. cause i use a dual core toshiba and i can run v5 with no prob(well ocassionaly loose tc 100% signal,but i normally get it back after hitting auto config a few times)but then im using tccd nor vinly

Posted Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 12:38 pm
Yea so far i think the major issue is vinyl........

Even on dual core ect.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 12:53 pm
djstickittooem wrote :
Yea so far i think the major issue is vinyl........

Even on dual core ect.

Is this issue only with V5?

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 5:51 pm
Yes....V4 works

Posted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 9:08 pm
95%