Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question about the different timecode vinyls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Dev-Team,

i`m wondering if it does make a difference what kind (VDJ / SSL / MSPinky) of timecode vinyl i use in 5.1, i mean about the "handling".
For example does SSL vinyl gives you a different "vinyl feeling" as the VDJ ones ?
Or is the timecode signal interpretation of VDJ all the same so that the vinyl itself is not important since it only delivers the timecode ?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 8:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You currently have two digital vinyls technologies on the market : timecode and noisemap
Both don't offer the same results according to the way that you mix.

Then the interpretation of this signal is quite similar for all vinyl DJ softwares : absolute/relative / advanced modes

That's why, you have two parts in VirtualDJ Timecode config: "engine" and "signal"

signal : read and decode the vinyl signal into timecode/noisemap data [sound->information]
engine: analyse these data and convert them into software actions [information->actions]

VirtualDJ v5.1 can now read both technologies and get ALL the information of them (position, speed, direction)

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 8:22 am
Good question........even better answer.....

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 4:33 pm
In other words the handling could be different and i should pick the one which "works best" for me ?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 7:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)