Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX USB Power problem on Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cnd782PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a very powerful Mac Book Pro. I have a 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. I just bought the new Hercules RMX. I needed an upgrade from the Hercules MK2. I installed everything that was issued with the controller. Software for the Hercules and the VDJ Program that came with it. Then I wanted to use my controller. I Have 2 available USB ports. Everytime I connect my controller to my MAC it gives me this message:

USB Over Current.
USB Device will be disconnected.

My USB ports are 2.0. There's no way my USB ports aren't strong enough for this controller. I tried both ports and none worked. So I can't use this controller.

I checked my power settings and it's set up for my power power adapter which is correct. I don't know what to do from this point.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,

Chris

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 1:44 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi cnd782,
try using an usb powered(with external power supply) hub

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 2:19 pm
Is there another solution besides this one? Possibly a way to configure my USB port so that it will let me use my controller? I always assumed that the computer's USB will always be more powerful than the external USB ones. What do you think?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 4:08 pm
i would just get a hub and get it over with. i would be scared doing a gig and being unsure of what can happen...even if u get it "fixed"

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 5:07 pm
Thanx for the help guys...

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 6:01 pm
Have you tried a different usb cable? I think overcurrent might indicate a short-circuit.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 1:04 am
Hi cnd782,

1) You should do as it is written in the user manual:
- connect your DJ Console Rmx (with no headphones and no microphone connected) to the MacBook before switching on the MacBook
- switch the Macbook on, and wait until the end of the Mac OS boot session,
- and after the ned of the boot session, once your DJ Console Rmx is detected with no power issue, you can connect the headphones and microphone.

2) Using a powered USB hub would also solve the issue.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 11:20 am
vailixiPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 12:47 pm
HI!!!
Test connect to left USB port BEFORE turn on you maacbook Pro

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 1:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)