Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Library Engine Suggestions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

4-jrodPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am both VDJ and Serato user…I think both programs are good on their own way and they both have their pros and cons just like everything else in life…I do however, would like to make two big suggestions about VDJ especially with their library search engine…I’ve noticed that whenever you do a search , you have to write the exact name of the song otherwise it will not find it…In other words, if you have a song save with a parenthesis or period (I’m just saying, it could be anything) VDJ will not show it as an option…Whereas with Serato, it doesn’t matter what you type, their engine will give you all options..You can even write part of the song and the artist’s name and you will even get a better result.

My second point/request is: how come VDJ doesn’t have song #s on their id cards???.....I am a very visual person….Meaning that sometimes a remember a song in a album by their number, not necessary by the name….So that little perk it really helps a lot, at least for me personally.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 9:22 am
ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
Your sure right about that i have the same problem they really need to fix that problem !

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 9:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ALI11 wrote :
Your sure right about that i have the same problem they really need to fix that problem !

Neither one is a problem... but in our case they are improvements to our solution.

Both are great ideas and have been discussed before along with a rating system. I agree that even I would like to see these features implemented and I am positive that they will be implemented in the future. They are quality improvements and would bring a better quality solution to the users.

Chris
VDJ Team

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 4:32 pm
Find Duplicates in your VDJ DB would be cool too...

And yes I know about MP3 file dup finders and such, etc... :P

DJ TAO :)

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 1:12 pm
Also the ability to print your VDJ DB out too!!!

DJ TAO :)

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 1:32 pm
4-jrodPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks for your response Chris...I will keep my fingers crossed to see these improvements in the near future!!

J Rod

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 9:14 pm
me too.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 10:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)