Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ & SSL Bug?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Worked with VDJ and Hercules MP3 mixer for 8 months, no problems. In December I loaded SSL on both computers and then went to use VDJ and 85% of my songs would not load anymore. Everytime I click & drag a song to a deck it shows "error". I try to analyze them and they show yellow. I've been trying with SSL forums since then and have not figured out the problem. I've rebooted both my laptops (Vista & XP) and re-loaded my libraries and the problem persists. Any music I've downloaded since Dec and populate into the library works but not most of my old music. So I think it may be in the MP3 tagging itself. Is there anything that VDJ knows about please help? I really miss using my VDJ and Hercules mixer and would love it if I could get somewhere. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 3:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Error occurs for because either the file is corrupt or that the database is not able to find that file.

try this -- go to c:\\program files\\virtualdj and rename the VirtualDJ Database.xml to VirtualDJ Database.old
Launch VirtualDJ, you will need to browse to where those tracks are stored using the Desktop node in the left navigation panel.
Now load a track. If it loads then you know that your original database file has a bad reference to those files.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 10:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)