Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke plugin not working on clean installation [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chunguyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Team,

I've got a very strange problem with Karaoke Video Plug-in.

I've reinstalled all my system (PIV, 2Gb RAM, 500Gb HD, Radeon X550, XP 2nd Edition, DirectX 9.0c...) and install VDJ 5.0. Karaoke plugin don't want to start and Karaoke plugin "logo" has desapeared from Pluging tab :S

I install VDJ 5.1 and... same results.

Any idea?

All other plugins are running better than ever but karaoke (I use a lot) no.

PD: Very good version 5.1 :D Thanks

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:13 am
Hi , I didnt get any replies to my questions regarding this as it has caused problems from day one with all three of my Laptops. Have you installed or reinstalled Direct x 9c and 10 Mine is working at the moment in VDJ but PCDJ takes longer to close down with this plug in. I must point out that after finially testing yesterday it eventually caused freeze ups again on my Vista 2.24 dual pro, 4gb mem, Nividea 8600m gt video card.

I know the simple answer is not to use the damn thing but it is usful.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:47 am
I've installed the complete system again and no karaoke plugin again.

I'm thinking about any windows update but I've no Internet on my DJ PC now. I don't want surf the web without an antivirus and I don't want install antivirus to get and ultra slow PC (I only install Windows XP Sp2, Drivers, DirectX 9.0c, and VirtualDJ :D)

Maybe a library? a codec? .net 2.0? a miracle?

Help my friends!!! :D

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 11:50 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I would say your .Net Framework and your DirectX version are not updated

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 11:58 am
I've got the solution. DirectX included on my Radeon are not working. I've installed the classical Direct X November 2007 and all it's working now :D

Thanks a lot!!!

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 11:17 am
Just in case anyone else is watching this thread, I am having no trouble with the plugin using .NET framework 3.5, DirectX 9.0c, and XP Pro SP3, if it helps.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 1:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)