Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with Virtual Vinyl 5.0.7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a major issue and i need ideas on what the issue is. because it's making my performance unstable.

I'll try and make this short and sweet. I'm using 5.7 with timecodes

Problem after a time frame between 1-2 hours Program starts to stutter and act "freezey" or CHOPY? like as if my PC gave up.

Pc is absolutly capable 1.6 centrino duo 3GB vista service pack 1 all updates current dedicated laptop ONLY for VV and all FRESH restore and didn't install untill after all updates and spk1 was on then i installed Virtual vinyl. PC is a DV6000 Special edition only about 1 year old.I need some suggestions on what to do or try?

Thanks

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 11:34 pm
Also performance setting are a the default PERFORMANCE all the way to the right with safe mode checked.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:47 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Untick both safe mode n overclock. Try to click auto config again when it happen, will it solve the problem?

Can u control ur timecode after the 1-2 hrs? What is the wave like during those choppy times n does it still have 100 percent signal?

Does this only recently happening or did u have installed new things on ur lappy?

Pls define ur problem more in detail.. it could be also ur lappy prob.

Regards.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:56 am
Thanks for your response. No it's been happening for a while, and i can control my timecodes but barley because it's so choppy i can't use them effciantly. "CAN HEAT CAUSE THE LAPTOP TO GET TIRED AFTER SO LONG AND MAKE THE PROGRAM CHOPPY?

I just reformatted fresh install 1 day ago cleaned unnecessary programs out updated vista and then installed virtual vinyl but even before today it was choppy after a while....I did try unchecking safe mode with no change in results but didn't touch overclock and i didn't know the percentage of the tc but I'll run those test's and see what happens and I'll update....

NO heavy background programs running although 3GB would cushion anything running in background.

I runs perfect at first so im really curious on the heat?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 6:44 am
Yes heat do play a part. It could be ur fan have a lot of dust on it.

Try to use a laptop stand n see if there is any different. If it is ok, then it ur lappy issue n best to clean the fan etc n use the stand for future gig:)

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 6:47 am
Well just did some testing heat is not the issue...........because it did the choppy stuff right off the bat today laptop was cool.

Overclock and safemode unchecked did not result in anything.

I also ran the software soley with NO TC and still the same!? Should i reinstall?

Today it's 100% lagging and choppy Not really useabl.....

I tried running other heavy programs and such on the pc and they ran with no Choppy effect or lagging it's only VV?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 7:08 am
try to reset.. before uninstalling. At the config in vdj go to the info tab n reset to factory setting.

If u reinstalled, remember to copy ur xml file to other plc then u can copy it back later:)

All the best.

Anyway what is ur setting in performances tab?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 7:13 am
performance tab is on best performance and also tried fastest with same result.

Restored to factory. No luck.

I'll try the reinstall and let you know the outcome.....

Thanks for reminding on xml.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 7:20 am
Just to add to the misery i go to uninstall and get an error: "Could not open INSTAL.LOG file" WTF?!?

what now

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 11:41 am
Hi, sorry abt the problem u facing right now. I have not encounter that error b4:(

I will try to find some info on it n back to u.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 11:58 am
Yea i can't believe it? FRESH INSTAL! let me know any information you find out.....

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:09 pm
It could be corrupted, try uninstall in from the nvv folder where there could be the uninstaller.

Or try to install/uninstalled in admin acct n u need to be log on as admin in vista.

Let me koe if this solve the issue.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:26 pm
Found folder in program files had an uninstaller but same result.

I am admin

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:51 pm
Ok, right now do full installation of the VV. It should be fine this time.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 1:06 pm
Hi there, so have u sort this out;)

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 10:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)