Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pitch/Volume inverting bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As far as I know this bug works only in the 5 version. I connected my DJ console and set the mentioned invertion, as I ever did on the previous versions. It turns out that, regardless the active/inactive inversion, both the slider and the small jog act on the same control (if volume or pitch, depends on the option turned on or off).

Besides, what I personally find un-acceptable is that one must be registered to report a bug, while the reporter is someone who donates his/her time to fix a someone else's error. As I consider creating an account (and keep somewhere my ID and pwd) I used a friend's account. It doesn't sound nice, though.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 8:25 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djdaniel81 wrote :
Besides, what I personally find un-acceptable is that one must be registered to report a bug, while the reporter is someone who donates his/her time to fix a someone else's error. As I consider creating an account (and keep somewhere my ID and pwd) I used a friend's account. It doesn't sound nice, though.

Well one should register their software to demonstrate their support of the product as well.

And since the DJ Console is only shipped with version 3.4; please validate that this issue is with the 5.0.7 demo product and that you have installed the required Hercules updated drivers and firmware patch. Support for the drivers and firmware patch can be received from http://ts.hercules.com.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 9:08 am
I did download and installed "Hercules DJ Console Series - 2008_HDJS_1 package" available on the support website that you mentioned. Don't know actually about firmware upgrades. Yes, the issue is with the last VDJ downloadable release, while an 4.1 works properly (on the same machine).
I still do not agree with the forums registration thing, since I'm using a free demo version: reporting a bug is a free support offered by users in order to make you guys improve your product, thus to increase your benefit. Is it not "support of the product"?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 5:28 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djdaniel81 wrote :
still do not agree with the forums registration thing, since I'm using a free demo version: reporting a bug is a free support offered by users in order to make you guys improve your product, thus to increase your benefit. Is it not "support of the product"?

A demo that only lasts 20 days and you have been a member of the forum since 2005 ? That is a very long running demo... respect the program, buy a license. I have the MK2, Latest Drivers, and Lastest version - I don't have the problem you experience.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 6:00 am
Take a look of the last line of my first post: who writes is not the owner of this forum account: I popped up just yesterday..I still have 19 days left!
However, since I experience many issues with my (btw: licenced&genuine) Windows, I had to format and reinstall everything several times. Even though I didn't, I could install the demo version each time, right? [Ok..I would prefer to buy a licence instead but this is what is really happened, against my will]

Beyond the licensing thing: I have a DJ Console with the latest available drivers. Even this registered user found the same issue with the same hw&sw. Whether demo or not the issue lasts.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)