Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What do i need to be able to scratch? (I guess that's timecode?) I don't know, but would like to know more. I wanna be able to control my software from something like turntable but not turntables. I hope you get what i'm sayin if not i'll get back to you on it. my music will be on my computer I'd pick a song, scratch if i want & Rock N Roll. Get back with me..... Thanks

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 12:29 am
Seems that what you're looking for is something like the Vestax VCI 100. The controller has touch-sensitive jogs that make more realistic scratching possible. However, this controller does not have a soundcard. There is a VCI 300 coming out that does have one, if you can wait (and can afford it).

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 3:03 am
ok, thanks for your response, but I'm not even tryin to go there yet I'm still a rookie tryin to piece my stuff together. Right now all I got is the Virtualdj5.0. I think what I'm talkin about is the ICDX. What's up with that? Or should I go ahead & get some turntables and work with the vinyl?

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 4:42 pm
The controller and sound card you'd need to purchase are still cheaper than TTs and a decent mixer, and you'd still need a soundcard anyway. If you want the genuine feel of vinyl, however, your best bet is to go ahead and get good, direct drive TTs, mixer, soundcard (most are using the Maya 44 USB) and timecode vinyls (you can probably find the Numark branded ones at your local DJ supply store, and they're the same as the VDJ ones sold on this website).

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 1:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)