Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serato with Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

qfb_rosPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello!
I used Serato Scratch Live for a couple of years and Im trying to control Virtual DJ with the SL card. I use a Denon DN-X800 external mixer, a Denon DN-D6000 dual CD player and a VAIO Sony VGN-CR160F (Inter Core Duo 1.8GHz, 2GB Ram, WD External drive) laptop.

Everything seems to work ok, I get audio from the SL card, I can control and scratch Virtual DJ with the Denon CD player... Problem is, when I am playing a song, I hit CUE in the Denon player, and the CD returns to 0:00:00, but in Virtual DJ, it justs hangs in the second I hit the CUE button. It does not return the file (mp3 or vid file) to the beginning. This is a mayor problem because to listen to the file from the start, I have to go to the laptop, hit Pause in the Virtual DJ software and then hit play in the Denon player. Everything else is working ok, but what do I have to do in Virtual DJ to recognize my CUE points from the VDJ timecoded CD's ?

Thank you!

DJ ros.
Mexico City.

Posted Sat 31 May 08 @ 10:16 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 7:47 am
Change the settings in sound setup to absolute. That should fix it.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 11:24 pm
mpezzella wrote :

5.1 directly supports Noisemap

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 6:08 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cstoll wrote :
mpezzella wrote :

5.1 directly supports Noisemap

So does that mean serato vinyls play with VirtualDJ, I'm quite not understanding this one Chris.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 10:33 am
Timecode:
- new engine "VDJ Timecode v5" for VirtualDJ vinyls, optimized for scratch (the old engine "VDJ Timecode v4" optimized for needledrop is still available)
- new engine "Noisemap" compatible with most noisemap-based records
- new engine "PCDJ" compatible with most miss pinky-based timecode records

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 11:27 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Noisemap is the technology used in Serato Scratch Live

In clear, you have either a timecode vinyl or a noisemap vinyl.
It's based on the same idea, but there are differences.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 1:50 pm
qfb_rosPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello again!
Thank you for your help! :)
Im using Noisemap with the SSL timecoded CD's and now I have a 100% Timecode quality.
I can scratch, pitch bend and cue correctly using Absolute Mode, although, the cueing has a slight delay. Also, when you hit the CUE button in the CD mixer, VirtualDJ just keeps playing. It does return to the cue point when you hit play, but when you hit CUE again, the VirtualDJ just keeps playing the file, as if you havent pushed anything in the cd mixer.

Thanks again for any help!

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 9:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)