Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: vdj development blog

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i think one of the thing that keeps us on the edge of our seats is not knowing just what is the dev team up to..

can they add some kind of blog with dated activities?

maybe the rest of us can help. it's not just a software, it's a community.

maybe the most crucial development is not the most desirable.

can they add a pole of development features we want to be worked on?

do they need more beta testers?

how can WE (the entire vjd community) help them??

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posted Sat 31 May 08 @ 7:09 pm
Well fall off ur seat cause 5.1 is out:)

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 4:39 am
finga73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
is it compatible with Denon DN-HS5500 midi controller? I cant find the full list

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 8:23 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
finga73 wrote :
is it compatible with Denon DN-HS5500 midi controller? I cant find the full list

Please do not hi-jack threads. And the HS5500 can use the MIDI interface for controlling VirtualDJ. Native support doesn't exist yet.

As to the original topic of this thread. It will not happen. As it has been posted in all the "Where is update X" or "What is in update X" - we do not discuss the development of that application outside the channels of the company and among the beta tester. When a version is released people are made aware of what has changed. But we will not put unnecessary pressure on the Development Staff. We prioritize the changes and improvements based on community feedback - that is why our forums are wide open and designed to get the feedback and we listen to everyone.

Just don't expect your 'improvement' or 'idea' to be immediately implemented.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 8:30 am
discobrian24 wrote :

holly shit..

but where is it?

please activate it for me to d.l.

:)

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 9:58 pm
djkz wrote :
discobrian24 wrote :

holly shit..

but where is it?

please activate it for me to d.l.

Click me:)

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 10:51 pm
honestly,

in all the time i've been reading forums here and there, i've never heard anything about the song pos needed to be adjusted to display upcoming song.

now, the "song pos" item is a disaster. we need to change the coding for all the skins... or wait for another update.. :(

had there been a blog, we would have questioned this item to be developed and could have avoided this "song pos" height problem.

that's all i'm saying...

" keep us informed so we can keep you informed "

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 8:38 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djkz wrote :
in all the time i've been reading forums here and there, i've never heard anything about the song pos needed to be adjusted to display upcoming song.

You've obviously not read all the automix bitching threads then...

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 10:09 pm
djkz -- you obviously don't read clearly the posts then when you are here. When version 5 moved the Automix features to a single deck everyone complained about not being able to see the upcoming track. That was the only reason and excuse on why everyone wanted the 2 deck automix back. We said time and time again that the 2 deck automix would not be coming back for various reasons and all of them were bug related. So, with v5.1; we have improved the Automix as we have said all along we would do. We have brought back the ability to see the waiting track and even improved the MIX-IN/OUT capabilities by adding the sliding mix points. So, the feature was asked for by users and so far out of all the other previous users that complained about the 2 deck Automix being removed on you and a couple others have complained about the improvements. And, it is most likely because you won't even give it a try.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 2:21 am
Well, that's definatley a good reply.

Okay, so i've tried it out. I tried to change the mix in and mix out points. Couldn't do it.

How do i do it?

I say 2 deck mix because you can also choose the audio crossfader and the video crossfader to go with it. it's begining to behave more like mixmeister studio.. which is a great product, but it just feels wrong.

anyways.. thanks for the reply. and i still think there should be a blog.

oh, yea, what about the song pos height?? is it a bug, or is it me being a bug?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 7:52 pm
djkz wrote :
Okay, so i've tried it out. I tried to change the mix in and mix out points. Couldn't do it.

How do i do it?

Well again read the manual, with Automix playing and both tracks displayed, you move the mouse over the displayed point (choose one - lets do a ending mix point) so on the playing track move the mouse over the displayed end-point, left click and HOLD the mouse button, now slide the mouse left or right along the waveform. Very easy.

djkz wrote :
I say 2 deck mix because you can also choose the audio crossfader and the video crossfader to go with it. it's begining to behave more like mixmeister studio.. which is a great product, but it just feels wrong.

Audio and video goes with it like it always has, guess you need that explained as well ?

djkz wrote :
anyways.. thanks for the reply. and i still think there should be a blog.

If you make VIP/Beta Tester you may be privileged to such an item.

djkz wrote :
oh, yea, what about the song pos height?? is it a bug, or is it me being a bug?

Also explained... guess you missed that one too.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 10:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)