Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Getting visuals to react to Line In/Microphone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any way to have the visuals react to the line in or microphone inputs?

What I'd like to do is be able to use audio from an PA mixer which will have cd changers, ipod, mic, and computer hooked to it and use the visuals in virtual dj with the audio from the mixer when not playing audio with vdj. I was going to run one of the monitor lines on my mixer into my computers line-in and try to still use the visuals.
I did see that my sound cards are listed in the vdj browser and was able to load my lin-in onto the second deck. The waveform shows when there's audio from the line-in and/or mic but it's not lined up in the middle. It's more towards the left side with the audio that's already been played from the first deck.

I hope that makes sense...

Thanks!

- Steve

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 10:12 pm
After finding other posts about this subject I looked for other solutions...

Here's what I came up with.... I tried using Sonique, and Quintessential Player but couldn't get them working right. I ended up with WinAMP and I'm using the linein:// feature to detect the microphone and line-inputs on my cards. From there I'm able to use the winamp visualations on my external monitor. My laptop is able to handle the graphics ok but if I ever had to I could look for another solution. possibly just use shoutcast and use the G-force visualizations that are included with XMBC on my xBox.

- Steve

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 5:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)