Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ just shut down when i try to auto configure TMC vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have probem with the time coded vinyl. It does keep signal @ 100%.

Sometime it stops giving signal. I try to go on the auto confidure it, and it just shut down. I also hve hercule dj control mp3. When vdj stops and shut off, the light in the control stays on.
This message show up in the report

Model: MacBook4,1, BootROM MB41.00C1.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB
Graphics: kHW_IntelGMA965Item, GMA X3100, spdisplays_builtin, 144 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM1, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x88), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (4.170.46.5)
Bluetooth: Version 2.1.0f16, 2 service, 0 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: FUJITSU MHY2160BH, 149.05 GB
Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-857E
USB Device: Built-in iSight, Micron, high_speed, 500 mA
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, Apple, Inc., full_speed, 500 mA
USB Device: Hercules DJ Control MP3, Hercules, full_speed, 500 mA
USB Device: MAYA44 USB, AUDIOTRAK, full_speed, 500 mA
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, Apple Computer, full_speed, 500 mA
USB Device: IR Receiver, Apple Computer, Inc., low_speed, 500 mA
FireWire Device: My Book, WD, 400mbit_speed

Is there anything i'm doing bad?

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 1:22 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The time coded vinyl it's not working on V5.0.8

We have to wait.

I have the same problem as you.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 2:09 pm
so that's it. oh my good. I'm really getting impatient now.

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 11:23 am
really? I am getting no signal at all into VDJ (the lights on my MAYA 44 USB showing that they recieve the signal)

But when I configure the TC, and click on ok, it suddenly closes .

I am using timecode CD's on CDJ800, as stated above a MAYA 44 USB and a MacBook 1,1 with Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz processor

So Sky, I followd your advice and got me a C2D Mac, and now I would like it to have it work =P

Is maybe that Bootcamp that I see everywhere an option? That wat I can install the XP version on my Mac or something like that? Should that work better?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 3:08 am
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
On XP works fine.

You better use bootcamp till the new version comes if you want to use TCCD or TCV.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 8:57 am
So I need Mac OS X 10.5 for that don't I?

Now I have 10.4.11 :)

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 3:14 pm
xonor wrote :
On XP works fine.

You better use bootcamp till the new version comes if you want to use TCCD or TCV.

I can vouch for that. I used bootcamp yesterday with the new version & I have to say I was very, very, very impressed. I'm an SSL user & I was really impressed with the improvement & stability. (knock on wood). I still need to some more extensive testing to see what I get before I officially make the switch back to VDJ. I just hope it stays stable.

It was just for testing purposes though. I deleted the Windows partition shortly after cause it's not quite working with my set up as I need to have 3 partitions & it won't let me.

If you have one partition on your system, I'd strongly suggest u use bootcamp. I'm really looking forward to testing the new mac version but I doubt it will be as stable as the windows version.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 4:38 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
secret_lover wrote :
so that's it. oh my good. I'm really getting impatient now.

Sit back and relax while you're waiting, because it could be awhile. I've been patiently waiting since November.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 3:08 am
I installed windows xp using boot camp. I'm not sure how stable virtual dj is going to be. Have anyone tried it for a long time?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 6:34 pm
Im a new Macbook user. Version 10.5.2 pr ocessor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory is 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. I'm using a Synchroscience Conectiv
In-Out Card (by M-Audio, made for Torq which performs very, very slow). I'm trying to use Virtual DJ 5.0.8.

I use Pioneer cdj 800's with time coded cds. I had no problem with Auto-Configuring the time coded cd's. I just purchased 2 time coded vinyl's from the Virtual DJ Site.
Everytime I Auto-Configure or manually configure the vinyls, Virtual Dj crashes. Does Virtual DJ really work like it's supposed to? What can I do to get this vinyl to work?
Do I have to go buy Serato? Any information would be helpful. I'm tired of troubleshooting. For all the money we spend, I just feel we should have a product that works!

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 11:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)