Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Blue Screen CRASH

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Every time since this latest update to 5.07 my VDJ crashes . At first it freezes out of nowhere and then goes to the blue screeen of death.I have had VDJ for over five years and never encountered this problem before. What is going on???

These are my specs
ASUS M2n32 sli dlx board
3 500gb maxtor internal sata drives
4gb DDR2 800Mhz memory tried both OCZ and Corsair thinking that maybe the problem ... NOT ( It runs serato just fine no crashes)
Nvidia nforce 590 chipset
gforce Fx 9700 video card 256mb Gddr3
700 watt power supply
Scratch live sound card.
This a desktop rackmounted .

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 11:57 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Blue Screens are Windows protection of your system because a hardware component has failed. If the screen stays on - write down the information and search Microsoft's Knowledge Base. Most Blue Screens are Hard Drive OR Memory issues.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 12:10 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
As Chris said, it can be anything, corrupted driver, ram memory, hard disk. In the blue screen there is information, you can post it here, we could help you more. Did you added recently some new hardware to your setup? Software?

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 9:10 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
You can also see the errors recorded in the event log. Right click on My Computer > Manage > Event Log > System > sort by source. Look at save dumps and/or system errors. For Vista look for bug checks. Look up the 1st number in the set listed. I.E. 0x00000050(0x50) on http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm That website will give you a good idea what is failing. Also look for Disk errors(bad blocks) under source. This could be a sign of a hard drive failing. If you do not have any listed, then Windows is not getting a chance to log the BSOD. That normally means a hardware issue.
-David

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 9:15 am
The message im getting is 0x0000000f4,0x00000003,0x0x8ae7b020,0x8ae7b194,0x805d11f8... Pls help

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 3:33 pm
how do i know if it is a memory problem or a hd problem

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 3:36 pm
No, but i noticed that it doesn't do this in serato...On for about six hours with no crashes ......still going HMMMM why is it. That it only does this when i run VDJ HMMM. I wonder :(

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 5:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)