Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: herc mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey, is there any way in which the herck mk2 can be used just as a sound card, and not a mixer? thanks

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 7:32 am
Like in junction with an external mixer? Sure, I used my mk2 like that and now the RMX. I don't remember how to set it up on DJC edition unfortunatly, but it is possible;^]

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 7:40 am
well, im already using an external mixer..but the mk2 seems to dominate recording...and unfortunatly, my laptop doesnt have a line-in port, and when using a mic port to record directly from my external mixer, the quality is crap! so clearly, i either need to buy a second soundcard, or a new laptop!..however, before i do, i was wondering if it was possible to use the herck mk2 ONLY as a sound card, NOT a mixer..making it possible for me to record directly from my external mixer..

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 7:50 am
It might be your buffer size, but I've never gotten very good results recording through VDJ so I opt to use either Vegas or Sonar instead. I use a seperate computer to do this but it can be done on a single computer as long as your lappy can process both programs at once. I don't think DJC edition will work without the Herc. as the primary output card and I don't think inputing through it would provide any better results anyway. If you're looking for a decent freeware audio recording program do a google search for Audacity, seems to be very popular so it should be ok;^]

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 7:59 am
well, thats the thing, iv used a second software that records audio rather than using vdj..however, the problem lies in the fact that i dont have a LINE-IN port on my laptop, only a speaker port, and a mic port..so to record, im using the mic port, but the quality is crap (eventhough im using an alternative software to record direclt from my external mixer, and not the hk2)..hence, i need 2 connect my external mixer to a line-in port running to my laptop, to recording software, ie-audacity..hence, can i use the herc mk2 to do this (eventhough it is a mixer as well as a sound card!-by disabling the mixer, and using the hercmk2 as only a soundcard?)...

sorry if iv repeated myself, or what uv said...jus a lil confused..reli do apprecaite the help tho! :)

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 8:29 am
How old is your laptop? Most laptops mic port doubles as a line in port. When I plug into mine a screen comes up asking to select between mic or line in, perhaps there's an error when you plug in that the selection screen doesn't show, hence it comes through with a mic signal instead. A cheap alternative would be to buy a cheapo card like Audio Genie and record through that. I don't think outputting the mk2 while recording with it will work with an external mixer;^]

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 11:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)