Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: What people say that make you feel good:)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJJaEPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Since we a have thread about the negatives, what about the positives:)

This was a few months ago, some people were sitting at the table by my booth, and one of the the guys said, "Damn, how does he mix like that!"And one of the ladies that was with this group said "It's called experience you fool!" That made me laugh. Just the way she said it. And when your regulars miss you, makes you feel good all the nice comments they have to say.

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 9:26 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

It's nice when punters buy you a drink or put money behind the bar for you to have a drink on them.

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 9:44 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
"I will do anything if you play my song" OK, sweetheart....lets define anything.......

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 10:04 pm
I like the beer tip as well

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 10:11 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
I like the beer tip as well

Me too!

It's also quite heartwarming when you come in the door to set up for a regular gig and everybody's really happy to see you ;)

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 11:19 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's nice when they come up to you all excited... "Man, what IS this song? It rocks!" etc... love it!

And you know how normally a good mix between tracks gets ignored by the punters... every so often you'll do one you're particularly proud of, and somebody in the crowd gives you some recognition, even if its just a knowing smile and a nod...

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 3:08 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
doc and sherz hit the nail on the head for me understand completely, it's nice to see the welcoming look of the punters when you arrive and the jovial banter you get from them, i had a nice compliment and quite unexpected one from one of the barmaids the other night, simply because she normally looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp and has the attitude to match, i had just sweet mixed from one style into another, she came up to the decks popped her head over the top and said " how the f**k do you manage to do that" and walked away, i was gob smacked but well chuffed, ahh the simple things make me well happy...

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 4:31 am
"this place couldn't survive without you"
"if you didn't work here i'd leave"
"you always play our song when we're here. we don't even have to ask for it."
"you need a raise"
"they don't pay you enough"
"the other club is closed on wednesdays again" (insert evil laugh here - don't talk smack about the competition unless you can back it up - they did, and now they're not open on the night they said they were gonna take from us. continue evil laughter...)
and one of my all time favs - "now i know why the other club is empty"

i wont take a compliment from the manager. ever. he just doesnt have a clue about the music. the only thing in there that makes me feel good is that full dancefloor. some compliments from customers mean less to me than a pile of festering mucus from a rabid snail, for the plain and simple fact that the music they like i only play when they're the only ones there - otherwise it just chases off customers.

a tip is nice, but generally won't touch it until after ( and if... ) i play the song. don't want a drink, a soda, a bottle of water, etc. not enough caffiene in those so i bring a cooler.

the last time anyone said anything in the club to make me feel good was me - "drive safe, drive careful, if you had too much, just don't drive, thanks for comin' out, we'll see you tomorrow night"

they don't have to say anything to make me feel good.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 9:23 am
When you get text messages from staff and guest asking where the hell are you... when you changed your schedule for the night.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 3:49 pm
When the Club owner says to you - You're the best DJ we have here.

Had that happen twice - felt good both times

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 9:53 pm

Posted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 5:38 pm
when the girls say "hey horse" fancy popping outside... never sure if they're on about my face lol

Posted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 6:40 pm
its when u get girls next to u asking for ur fone number on the very first song u play ..lol....OH YEAH love house parties!!

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 12:45 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :
when the girls say "hey horse" fancy popping outside... never sure if they're on about my face lol

Good old, Jake the peg, LOL

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 12:54 pm
hehe, you know the old saying mate if you've got it why not swing it...... i mean flaunt it lol

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 4:05 am
yeah i know how you guys feel, i like it when the next day when people see me in my local city and they say to me "Great set last night, you playing tonight?" that makes me feel good as well

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 2:15 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
One of my favourite scenes from the movie Groove also gives a good explanation :-)

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 10:32 am
"they don't pay you enough"

love that one...

actually one of the best i've heard in a month or two has been when the owner was talking to me this past monday. i'd been losing my faith in the business and had been thinking about walking away after 11 years in the same club. now, i think i might just be ready for another 5...

but the one that takes the cake as being the best i've heard all year:

honey? we're having a baby!

cloud 9 people... cloud 9...

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 8:14 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I play a club where I've been for about 4 years now. Including myself, they have four DJ's with various abilities. About a year into my run there, I was the #1 guy. Then, the management changed and I quickly moved to the bottom of the list. Reason is, the two at the bottom moved to the top because they're friends with the new owner. The other guy's wife works there. So, after years of making them a lot of money, I'm at the bottom of the list. Both the patrons and the staff are always happy to see me when I walk in. They tell me how much they miss me, and how much they dislike the other DJ's. The bartenders have the comments I like the most. When they see me, they get excited and say, "thank God you're here, we'll definitely make some money tonight!" I doubt it will be long before I'm back to top choice. Once they start looking at their receipts for what they make when I'm playing vs. the other guys.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 10:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)