Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: An issue I've been running into the last few times with the program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Don't know if anyone else is having this same problem --- BUT

The last few times I've played out the signal going into my mixer is switching channels.....Easiest way to explain this is
Left Side of Virtual DJ is controlled by my left turntable
Right Side of Virtual DJ is controlled by my right turntable
Simple enough......

Output 1 and Pass Through 1 are to line and CD 2 on my Numark 5000FX mixer
Output 2 and Pass Through 2 are to line and CD 3 on my Numark 5000FX mixer
Output 3 is to my line 1 on my Numark 5000FX mixer

Here's where my problem lies.........

I will be playing something on either the left or right turntable...it doesn't matter which....about halfway through a song it will stop playing the on the mixer line it should be and will start playing through my mixer on a different line. So if I'm playing the Left turntable timecode CD it should play through Line 2 (and it does....but then about a minute into the song or so it cuts out because it switched itself to playing through Line 3 on my mixer)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

What is causing this????? Is it the Virtual Vinyl box? That is the only thing I can figure....is that it's going bad or something, which is insane because its not really moved around much...it's set in the case with all my equipment. I have a lot of gigs coming up this summer (Weddings, Graduations, etc....) PLEASE HELP ME.....

Thanks & Best Wishes.

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 7:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does it actually switch outputs ? or is it possibly a mixer issue? If it is switching outputs, I would contact Numark.

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 7:44 pm
Is there any chance you have config>options>headphone set to "always" and one of the output channels set to headphone in setup? That would make it switch if you even touch the other TT while the "live" one is playing...Just a thought ;)

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 11:28 pm
The headphones were set to "always" so I disabled them.....however The Outputs in the setup are 3 channel mixer....Output 1 to Line 2, Output 2 to Line 3, and Output 3 (sampler) to line 1 is how I have it wired.

Hopefully disabling the headphones has resolved the problem. I'm playing with it now and it does seem to be ok.....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't used the Numark Virtual Vinyl Sound Box out live yet....I used the Hercules MK2 as my sound card previously, but for some reason it stopped allowing me to play my timecodes about 30 minutes into a gig and I had to use the Hercules to get me through the rest of the job, or shut down Virtual DJ while I'm talking on the Mic and restart it....that would get me another 30 minutes of timecoded play.

Thanks for the help thus far......

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 9:17 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are running an external mixer configuration - recommend also changing your Crossfader setting to Disabled. Config -> Options tab -> Crossfader (first column, second item) -> Disabled.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 10:14 am
Problem is still happening!!!! Just started again......so I'm contacting Numark about it.

Thanks for the help though.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 10:20 am
Let us know how you made out with them...I'm curious ;)

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 2:43 pm
this used to happen to me in vdj 4.3 i think it was. anyway i was using maya44usb had just got it and all of a sudded it started doing this.

in my case the decks wre switching themselves; deck 1 would start playing on deck 2 and vice-versa . i cant remember but i think i had to modify the timecode signal (now they give us a pro version as well as regular timecode download) .
keep tweeking settings performance tab\safemode overclock etc.

i dont know if that soundcard allow you to adjust the volume of the signal or not .

hope you the best

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 6:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)