Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Comp + VDJ + MK2 = trouble

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A500PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just built myself a new PC

2.6ghz core 2 duo with 2gb ram w/ XP sp3

The first day I started using it I just used my mk2 as a sound card and it worked fine in windows. After I got all my music on my new pc I installed virtual dj.

When I tried using it with the crossfader all the way to the right I could hear just a little bit of the left deck. So I cut the volume on the left deck with the slider and I could plainly hear the left deck. Then I tried using my headphones and I cannot hear anything out of the left deck?

I switched out the usb cable for a spare and restarted and that didn't work. Sometimes it wont even play any sound until I quit virtual dj and itunes and change the system volume using windows sound properties.

The only thing I changed in virtual dj was:
sound setup > outputs = headphones and speakers
soundcards = dj console mk2
output channels: master = 1/2 headphones = 3/4

Is my MK2 messed up, or is it the 2008 driver I'm using? Does anyone else have or has anyone else had this problem?

thanks

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 3:02 pm
If you are using 5.0.7 and WDM mode, choose 4.1 sound card in sound setup tab and select DJConsole MK2 from the soundcard list below that. Other settings should be the same. This was discussed at length in the forums, so you can also poke around a bit for more info. Good luck ;)

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 1:20 am
omg, I am so stupid. I haven't updated my virtual dj version. Thanks I will try updating and If I still have trouble with It I will try your solution. I will try and post back if either of those two things fix it.

Thanks again,
-andre

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 10:23 am
I do have the latest version. will post for updates (currently trying 4.1 setting)

Posted Sat 31 May 08 @ 12:48 pm
~Hoping it works out for you ;)

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 2:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)