Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Choosing the right all-in-one controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As I understand (I'm relatively new to this), those controllers do have sound card incorporated (so they act as output hardware, along with controlling function). All that I need is laptop + controller, no external USB soundcards... The main and cue output comes from hardware controller. Right?

I want to use the hardware with Virtual DJ 5.0.7, and I just need few recommendations. Already saw Behringer BCD2000 is quite bad performer? Seems that Numark Total Control does not have audio card incorporated (like BCD2000), it's just a controller, not audio interface? Ion iCue is too simple - with no ability to choose songs from playlist? DJ Console Mk2 - VirtualDJ® DJC Ed is somewhat ugly to me, and it seems it's made specially for DJC edition, how does it work with new Virtual DJ?

As you can see, I found myself in a plenty of option, really can't make my mind. Please help.

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 8:38 am
Look in to the Denon HC 4500, has built in sound card, native support with in VDJ, and now there are mappers for it, do a search in the forum. It also can act as midi controller, and you have the ability to scratch with it as as well

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 11:40 am
Thanks reggieward, but seems like that machine is little too expensive for me... Any other recommendation? :)

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 12:51 am
Don't be fooled by the looks of the mk2, it is a very reliable piece of hardware. However the Hercules RMX is much better. If you want good scratching or good timecode response I'd try something better, otherwise the DJ Console series by Hercules is great;^]

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 6:12 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Timmyg1978 wrote :
Don't be fooled by the looks of the mk2, it is a very reliable piece of hardware.

Agreed here. Have mine for 2yrs plus n it still running good even the "harsh" treatment i gave it.lol ;)

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 1:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)