Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: !!!!!HELP RECORDING FROM EXTERNAL MIXER!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Vestax VMC-185XL that i use as an external mixer, hooked up to herc mk2 that is simple being used as a soundcard, and a set of tcv! somebody, please help!...

im trying 2 record a set/mix directly from my external mixer, but the herc mk2 seems to dominate sound control (fader in middle on herck2)... is there any way in which i can record what im hearing on my speakers (from my vestax mixer)..rather than what im hearing in my headphones?

any,ANY help will be verryyy much appreciated! this problem has been ongoing, and im sure many other users have also been faced with the same/similar problem!

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 10:18 am
You just have to use the record out/Booth-Out or whatever your mixer has and then put a cable from this output to your laptop (line-in of you built in soundcard or maybe an external soundcard) and record your mix on your pc.

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 2:38 pm
hey, thanks alot!..much appreciated!.. could i record using virtual dj? or would i have to download another software?

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 5:41 am
mastersav wrote :
hey, thanks alot!..much appreciated!.. could i record using virtual dj? or would i have to download another software?

No Virtual Dj canĀ“t be used for recording this way. You will have to download another software. Search for some Freeware Audiorecorder with google and you easily find one.

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 6:01 am
thanks alot bro. :)

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 6:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)