Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 9 hour gig sucessfull with the RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Thats right you read that right, I used the Mac 5.08 & the RMX for nine hours Saturday night no crashes hiccups or any other weirdness went on.

Day started at 5pm where I set up the mabook, rmx and my trusty firewire 800 1tb hard drive, I used an external mic mixer because I needed 3 mics for the reception thats it nothing else was used. I played with normal automix for the first hour and a half, then all the dances and special stuff. Then it was party time, I make it a point to mix even at weddings so my sets were working pretty well since this couple was my age I was in tune with their desire for old school hip hop. You know DJkool, montell jordan, run dmc and some other old school classics and much to my surprise even the new stuff was working low, cyclone 4 minutes etc.

Toward the end of my show I was approached by the attached club manager, offering cash for the 2am closing time. I gladly negotiated a higher rate (i was tired already) and it was agreed. I played a nice top40 set for the rest of the night to a bunch of drunks, and some leftovers from the earlier reception. All in all the herc and the mac were flawless in both situations, I didn't even reboot the computer when I moved to the club. The pfl functions are on point with a normal dj type mixer I used about every feature the mac version had and there were no issues, I was shocked at how easy this setup is to use. I was right at home with the layout and controlls on the rmx, I found myself not even looking at the controller while I was using it. I'll be back in action next weekend with this new setup, which works great.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 11:46 pm
HEY!!!. very good...comment to us that so it walks the control of pitch compared with Denon HC-4500, has equal precision?

Thanks!!!

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 8:58 pm
well the feel between the 4500 and the rmx is what you would expect for a piece of hardware costing more. I don't like the play buttons on the rmx at all, but I can live with that, the pitch is pretty much on point I'll say the sliders on the 4500 are of a higher quality but what do you expect when the difference is between Denon and Hercules.

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 9:26 pm
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can you post a pic of the herc next to your Macbook I want to see how big it is.

Sounds like I may be getting one of these.

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 6:49 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would love to read some comments on the quality of the sound card in the RmX? What do you think and how does it compare to decent sound cards from M-Audio or the like? Just wondering, since I have never owned a Hercules product and don't know much about the quality of their sound cards?

And....it is definitely my opinion that different sound cards mean much different sound quality....cheaper sound cards don't compare to those that are in the $300 to $500 range....

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 10:04 am
well, I have no complaints about the sound quality my only complaint is I wished they used balanced outs on the card, running in line mode is prone to interference.

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 10:48 am

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 8:18 pm
Sweet!

I'm going with a very similar setup tommorrow, and should have pictures to share first part of next week, but with a new Gateway laptop. I've been tinkering with my setup and case design, and think I've come up with "the one" for me. It's got me more excited than I've been in a long time.

My new MacBook Pro is here, but I've been busy with my other new toys. I need to open the box, and install XP on it, and all that jazz. Glad to know it works as well as I'm hoping it will.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 11:40 pm
Steve,

take my advice, and don't bother with xp on the mbp, you'll have video issues. Just install vista and it works very well. Be sure to update the mac's bootcamp for vista a lot of annoying stuff was fixed. I have 2 different setups currently one uses vista hc4500, x500 and the other is just the rmx and mac 5.08. Both setups work extremely well. I still can't get used to the rmx's play buttons.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 11:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)