Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vestax VCM-100

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

_Chris_PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm looking to upgrade from the Herc MK2 and really like the idea of the VCM-100 with the laptop stand. Wanted to see if anyone else is running it and how they like it. Also, the Vestax website seems to be down and I can't find the answer to one question I have about it; is there a Mic input?

Thanks!

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 9:41 pm

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 3:46 am
Hey Chris ,I've been looking for a controller with a good soundcard and usb hookup.I am using VDJPRO5.with a gigaport soundcard with a external 250 gig hard drive connected to a Dac 2 controller, together with a hp laptop going in to a mackie fx6 mixer with mackie speakers. I am a one man mobile entertainer/DJ. I sing,DJ and some time Karaoke host. I just ordered the VCM100.That eliminates the usb cable from the gigaport SC and the usb cable for the Dac Controller PLUS the wall wart to plug in the controller. I am going to upgrade to a 160 plus or 250 gig laptop which will eliminate the usb cable for the external HD and also the chord to plug it in.I use a usb hub which has to be plugged in for everything to work properly. That cable and hub will be also eliminated. I have cleaned up the cable situation consideralbly. I also ordered the RK100 rackmount kit. I also ordered the G-MIX ATA Rolling Mixer or Equipment Case(24" x 36") which will fit the mackie mixer plus the VCM100 and laptop with room in the back for the electrical componets plus my wireless mic sure pgx58. All secure with velcro,everything remains plugged in except the usb connection to the laptop(there is a five inch ceiling with the top of the case on).I hope to have everything in a couple of weeks. Total spent with case,VCM100 and rK100,$838.00,but the investment is protected,sets up and breaks down in minutes. The VCM100 is able to work with different software. I hope I don't have any problems using it with VDJPRO although it does come with it's own software program but I don't want another program. I am happy with VDJPRO. I'll write back when it is all hooked up and of course working or not I'll be back online. In the meanwhile, just google VCM100 you tube reviews ...etc.... and you'll find all kind of videos of the VCM100 in use.. Later........

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 6:31 pm
_Chris_PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thank you for the feedback, guys :)

I'm going to pass on the VCM. It's a sweet unit, but I need something with more functionality. It looks like the Hercules RMX is the best way to go for me. I like the MK2 except for the look of it and the difficult mic and headphone controls. The RMX fixes those issues, so I'm probably going to go that route.

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 3:02 pm
_Chris_ wrote :
Thank you for the feedback, guys :)

I'm going to pass on the VCM. It's a sweet unit, but I need something with more functionality. It looks like the Hercules RMX is the best way to go for me. I like the MK2 except for the look of it and the difficult mic and headphone controls. The RMX fixes those issues, so I'm probably going to go that route.

The RMX is a pretty sweet unit, but be prepared it's not a good scratching unit (that's where the Vestax gets the edge) and there are just a couple bugs with VDJ, but nothing that can't be lived with and nothing that won't soon be fixed by the teamers. Haven't tried a mic with it so I don't know how well it works. The bug that I feel is the most important to adress is the quick scroll bug (quick scroll goes down but not up, regular browsing works fine). All in all a very good unit though;^]

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 3:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)