Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to substitute cross-fader slider?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djgaspaHome userMember since 2006
Sigh! Last night i had my cross-fader slider broken! :( Some drops of a drink fall in the corss-fader slot, and now it is no more centered. Can i replace it with a new slider component? Which resistance values shoud I use?

And after, I will need some sort of calibration processes?

Thanks to all!

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 11:27 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Are you talking about Hercules MK2 or? I think it is not replaceable.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 1:15 pm
djgaspaHome userMember since 2006
Yes, excuse me. I'm talking about MK2 for PC.

Not replaceable!??? :|

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 4:55 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should contact Hercules.

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 6:15 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I spilled a Margarita on mine last year. I contacted Hercules, they didn’t have any replacement parts. I went to a local electronics store, the salesperson said to go online and order some Caig De-Ox-It. http://www.radioshack.com/sm-deoxit-progold-twin-pack--pi-2104746.html I was in a little bit of a hurry to get it working and purchased a can of contact cleaner. After I cleaned the fader,I couldn’t get it to slide correctly. It was also not sending to correct positions to VDJ, the volume would go up and down erratically. I went to Fry's electronics, I found Caig Fader lube. Not only did it make the fader butta smooth it restored all the "lost" connectivity. http://www.guitarcenter.com/CAIG-DeoxIT-FaderLube-Lubricant-5-oz--101858314-i1134931.gc

It is best to take the HDJC apart and clean it completely. If you don’t feel up to the task at least just get the fader lube and spay a small amount in the on both sides of the fader knob. Let it dry and test it out.

"DeoxIT FaderLube Spray (formerly CaiLube MCL) is a precision lubricant specifically formulated to improve conductivity and lubricate conductive plastic and carbon compound faders, switches, and other similar components. Over time these components lose their original lubrication from wear and/or repeated cleaning. Dust, dirt, drink spills, and other contamination also degrade the components' lubricant. The need for re-lubrication is necessary to avoid excess wear and abrasion to the plastic surfaces."

-DJ Kavika

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 2:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)