Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Little sound skips with 5.0.7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi i have upgrade VDJ from 5.0.5 to 5.0.7 with a DAC 3 controler also have a gigaport USB sound card.. 5.0.5 worked ok with my DAC 2 but i have got a DAC 3 now & VDJ don't shut down with the DAC 3 so I upgrade to 5.0.7 but now i have a little sound skips sometimes (about 3 last night @ a gig) which i have never had before is there somthing not set wright in VDJ settings ... please can you help as i have a gig tonight & would like to solve the problem..
thanx

PS it not the DAC 3 because it does it with no cpntroler pluged in

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 7:47 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I suggest you to revert back to the version that worked ok since you have a little time till tonight to solve this problem.
It can be performance issue, or something has messed up in the registry. You can try clean install (just backup your database before do so) and try it then.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 7:54 am
will the shut down thing with the DAC-3 a problem with VDJ 5.0.5 mess my computer up or is it ok ...

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 9:42 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I don't have that controller so can't help more :(
It should work ok, but something is definitely wrong.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 10:47 am
I've been noticing this problem also. I happen to think it is related to the DAC-3 though as I have tried with on board sound, Maya 44 USB and a Gigaport USB. I have also found it present through Version 4.3 to 5.0 but I had just assumed it was a DAC-3 issue, possibly to the loose jog wheels or the pitch sliders which if you watch in VDJ sometimes wavers a bit, maybe it's a mapper issue??

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Ross M

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 11:14 am
I don't think its the DAC 3 because i have tryed it without & still have the problem sometimes...
just seems to be 5.0.7

5.0.5 works ok with DAC 2 but with the DAC 3 there is a shut down problem which happens when i close VDJ.. it comes up a Error Message...

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 11:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)