Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer DDM4000 - MIDI Functions - anyone else get this?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

I have just purchased the Behringer DDM904000 mixer; both my laptop onVista and my desktop on XP will not recognise the mixer in any way when trying to map, I am using this with the following:

• Mistar Midilink midi - USB cable (vista compatible, although i have tired it on my XP desktop also) + I tried a 2nd midi - USB lead by "ESI".
• The MAYA 44 USB soundcard
• And a modern laptop with Vista.

I definitely have the midi-usb lead directing out to out and in to in. the lead did not come with a CD but it installed itself successfully

The software that came with the mixer Tracktor is supposed to be fully midi mapped but it does not pick the mixer up, when I look for it in Tracktor the only name I see is "Tahorng Musical Instrument”. Has everyone who has successfully mapped this mixer got a similar title? When selected this does nothing. I have read the instructions, top to bottom and posts on here re going into the midi settings, and selecting the line, cross fader etc...

I downloaded the demo of VDJ as an alternative as a friend said it is much more user friendly than Tracktor (and includes video mixing!) however under the general midi option when I click learn pressing any of the buttons has no response at all!

Is there something I have to do or should this be plug and play, no guidance on the net or throughout the boxed instructions.

I would be really grateful of any one else’s experience with setting this mixer up with MIDI

thanks all!

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 3:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well I would start at Behringer's Support Help since your mixer is not being seen at all by the software that came with it.

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 4:07 pm
Thanks for the response, I have done and there are no comments whatsoever on the forum!!

so the lead you used meant that when you loaded VDJ you where able to start mapping, what steps did you take in the midi menu on the mixer to make this functional, just to check i haven't missed anything.

Thanks a lot

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 4:15 pm
Ok, overlooked the obvious here re the cable, out goes into in, and in goes into out!

i can get some response now, however the headphone functions that i really like and brought the mixer for (pfl select, live mix, split etc) are all disabled - did anyone manage to get these functions working through VDJ?

ultimately i'm unable to preview the track on the deck thats not playing, do i need to assign another channel to the mixer?
Thanks for any tips

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 4:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)