Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sample Volume Levels Are Messy????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey, I have taken to using the Vdj sampler a lot more now and I would like to get rid of an annoyance.
I have the Vdj going into an external mixer via a two channel Numark DJIo external sound card, problem!

Because vdj cant know which mixer channel I want to use it automacticly splits the sample played between the two output channels, all good, until i need to open both external mixer channels whilst already playing a sample, then I get a very loud sample that totally dominates the mix.

Any solution for my existing setup that's not f*cking around with a mouse every two minutes ? Can Vdj utilise a three channel Sound card for the sampler?

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 1:49 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Alot of user's have already shouted about the Sampler,

In my opinion, it's the weakest part of VirtualDJ, that's why I don't use it much.

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 1:52 pm
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ummmm Bugger flip!

I believe the total control unit would work well with the sampler cos I get the impression it directly moves Vdj's internal mixer, and as such sample volumes are auotomaticly repaired. (Check with supplier)

Its just a shame its seems to be aimed at bedroom boys and is not a rack mounted, four channel, Kj / Vj flexible mixer.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 4:26 am
Yeah, I use the sampler to put drum loops over some slower hip-hop tracks that don't have much of a beat. What I've found best is to have both channels on the mixer fully open, then start the sample. If you then need to fade in a second track you could maybe use the mouse to control the on-screen mixer. Most of the time if I'm in that situation I just press play on the second track and hope for the best! Not too clever I know, but most the time it goes ok, lol (the club sound system has limiters).

I think the real solution is to buy a soundcard like the gigaport or similar, then you can have have the samples come through on the 3rd channel of your mixer.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 12:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)