Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: usb numeric keypad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everybomdy,

Nice community here!

I use virtual dj 3.4 with a hercules mk 2 and a laptop.
Now I just bought a numeric keypad with usb conection. I am trying to assing to this numeric keypad some functions.
Does someone know how can I do that. I tryed doing that in config>keyboard settings...but I didn't succeded.
Everytime when I tryed to change a key function e ...with every key the key attached is "=" and that fubction is repeting even I did not press any key.
I am a little confused...so I am sorry if I am not verry explicit with this matther.

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 11:29 am
Hey how's it going.

Does your extra keyboard work with other software, like MS Word for example?

It may be the case that you need to install it, or its drivers.
What kind of shortcuts do you want to assign? Could you not just set some keyboard shortcuts to your laptop's keyboard?

I can't see why your extra keyboard wouldn't work with VDJ if it works with other software though.

Still, cool idea, I see you're getting well in to the whole "controlers" thing!

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 8:35 pm
Hello Olisharp,

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

My keypad is working with other software.

I wanted to assign to those keys the samples from the F keys in the original settings of the virtual dj. The reason for doing that is because I am sometimes a litlle unconfortable using the F keys...they are not too handy for me...and using a numeric usb key pad...will be more helpfull....more handy.

I can't see either the reason for this issue...but I guess I will keep trying...maybe I am doing something wrong in the whole process of changing the key functions.

One again, thank you for your answer.

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 11:20 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you using it with a Laptop ?

Have you tested it with VDJ on another computer, does it work there ?

In short there are 2 different ways to generate keystrokes from software and VDJ only detect one of these.

I have used a USB keypad with VDJ on my desktop computer an it works fine but my laptop doesn't detect it in VDJ due to the above.

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 12:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)