Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW TO SETUP TCCD & HC4500

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to setup my Denon 3500's with timecode use my Dnx500 external mixer and HC4500 purely as a controller. Is this possible yo do?

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 1:37 am
Can I still use tccd if I now have an HC4500 installed? Does anyone know if it can be done with the same soundcard as the HC4500? Or do I need a different card or can it not be done at all? Does anyone have any idea , it would be appreciated ,thanks!

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 11:13 am
Yes, you can use timecodes with the HC4500, but you will not be able to do this with the HC4500's own sound card. This only has outputs.

You will need a sound card with 2 stereo inputs and 2 stereo outputs such as the Maya44. Simply install the relevant drivers for this and then select it in VDJ's sound setup. Configure timecode as normal. You can uninstall the ASIO drivers for the HC4500 (These aren't needed for it to work as a MIDI controller only.)

My mapper has buttons to turn timecode control on/off (FLIP+TIME) and timecode bypass (FLIP+MEMO) (To allow playing normal records/CD's.)

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 1:05 pm
Ok cool, I got that part what about if I wanted to record my mixes from VDJ? Could I have the 2 sound cards on so Maya could do my playback and HC4500 could do my recording?

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 4:53 pm
You will need a sound card with inputs to do that. The Denon HC4500 sound card has outputs only.

If you are using the Maya44 for timecode, you would need to use another sound card for recording, such as the one built into the computer/laptop, if it has one. Connect the record output of your mixer to this.

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 1:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)