Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BCD2000 sucks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ive spent way to much time in 100 degree heat this week in my garage trying to get this thing to work. I have it for a year and it only worked perfect once. It will be on the shelf till a new driver is built or till I throw it in the trash. I dont need any help, Ive done everything I can. Im just tired of it. The BCD sucks and Behringer sucks for not fixing it. Just venting.

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 1:14 am
I got rid of mine after 4 months

bought a DMC2 - MUUUUUUCH happier

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 1:42 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yk23 wrote :
Ive spent way to much time in 100 degree heat this week in my garage trying to get this thing to work. I have it for a year and it only worked perfect once. It will be on the shelf till a new driver is built or till I throw it in the trash. I dont need any help, Ive done everything I can. Im just tired of it. The BCD sucks and Behringer sucks for not fixing it. Just venting.

They are Known to build cheap products, saying that there new DDM 400Midi Mixer looks nice. I read dozens of threads complaining about the BCD2000 and 3000. People say it's the cheap sound and poorly written drivers that conflict, that causes the problems.

Why not look for another controller such as the RMX.

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 3:09 am
I called my local Guitar Center today, they said the RMX should be in next week. I'm just hoping the fader can keep up, my HDJC still has some has some fader lag after the newest driver update and of course the mixer starts moving around since it is so light.. For the 10 minutes the BCD works, I can scratch pretty good. Anyone have any input on the feel and latency of the RMX fader?

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 8:12 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've had my fingers burned with Behringer's cheapo kit before.... yet I STILL couldn't resist buying a DDM4000 this week. Gotta say I'm VERY impressed with it so far. There's some great features on board, even the mic channel has its own customisable sweepable parametric EQ, compressor and FX engine! Can't fault the sound quality, and the build quality feels sturdier than some of their previous efforts. Time will tell if it stays in one piece... :-)

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 4:41 am
djsherz wrote :
I've had my fingers burned with Behringer's cheapo kit before.... yet I STILL couldn't resist buying a DDM4000 this week. Gotta say I'm VERY impressed with it so far. There's some great features on board, even the mic channel has its own customisable sweepable parametric EQ, compressor and FX engine! Can't fault the sound quality, and the build quality feels sturdier than some of their previous efforts. Time will tell if it stays in one piece... :-)

Keep us posted. I'm thinking of this mixers as well. but Buying behringer headphones is one thing - this mixer is another

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 11:18 am
I have a DJX-700 Behringer mixer I use and seems to be holding up just fine. I saw the DDM4000 this week, wish it had Midi over USB and a built in sound card, but so far that has not worked out.. I guess I could get one of those M-Audio UNO 1x1 MIDI Interfaces and use my HDJC as an external sound card. I love the XLR out for and the 2 mic in's.

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 9:52 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
yk23 wrote :
I have a DJX-700 Behringer mixer I use and seems to be holding up just fine. I saw the DDM4000 this week, wish it had Midi over USB and a built in sound card, but so far that has not worked out.. I guess I could get one of those M-Audio UNO 1x1 MIDI Interfaces and use my HDJC as an external sound card. I love the XLR out for and the 2 mic in's.

I dont know what all the fuss is about with the BCD200/3000, i have been using mine on Virtual DJ Radio and in clubs for the past 2 yrs without any problems what so ever. I believe alot of the issues are to do with IRQ conflicts, but i use an IBM Thinkpad and it has always been reliable for me and my BCD 2000 /3000.

Kaoz

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 3:06 am
OSECrewPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have had some troubles with the behringer but now i have them all ironed out and it is flawless. I think i am upgrading to an xponent sometime soon unless you guys have any other suggestions.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 8:31 pm
Well.... i have had the ddm4000 since it came out. I gotta say, the mixer works flawlesly, granted, i have not yet ventured into the MIDI realm, i still need some guidance as to how to configure it on VDJ, so any tips are greatly appreciated.

i have had three seasoned DJ friends put the mixer to its paces. They all are impressed and are seriously considering getting it, where it not because they allready had bought the pioneer djm 600 a while back. Last weekend we had a party where we worked the mixer for 10 hours non stop, never had a glitch.

This weekend seems to be the same. Will let you know.

Mindtwister3d

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 6:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)