Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HC4500 CRASHING MY PC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just bought this unit and when I try to plug into the usb port it shows like it's installing the drivers. Then it crashes , I get the blue screen! I cant install the updated drivers yet because out the box it's doing this so does anyone know about these DN4500'S ? PLEASE HELP!

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 4:13 pm

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 4:23 pm
Ok thanks for that quick response! But , I have that new firmware downloaded on my desktop. But how do I update it if I can't connect my hc4500 to my laptop? It crashes every time I plug it in.

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 4:27 pm
Try removing all Denon software you have installed (If any.) Then after a reboot, install the new software and then follow the instructions included with the update.

If you still have problems, try installing it on another computer to do the update (If you have access to one.) I think there were issues with Windows Vista and the original Denon software.

You could also try the Denon DJ forums for help with the controller - http://www.denondjforums.com

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 4:49 pm
Yes thanks , I have already tried what you said . All I really had installed was the asio drivers for denon. But, now I think im going to try installing from another pc , do you know if that normally solves this problem? Have you heard of this happening to others?

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 4:54 pm
No, I've not heard of that problem before. The only problem I know of is the older firmware that causes VDJ to freeze. Could be some other issue that's causing the problem.

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 5:18 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You might try the unit on some other PC, if it does there the same, you should contact Denon.

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 8:02 am
Figuered it out guys. I had to use someone elses pc to upgrade my version to 1005. Then it just plugged and played on my Vista, problem solved . Thanks for your help.

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 6:57 pm
Glad to hear you got it sorted and came back and told us as this may help someone down the road.

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 8:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)