Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: super search forward problem on VDJC for RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kyvosHome userMember since 2008
Utmost annoying and stupid! I place a track on deck (either one, it doesnt matter) and for some reason, not only does the software not show the scanned track in any window (bpm, graphic) but also, as soon as you press "search" in order to go further down, it NEVER gets into normal playback again. Even if i press, stop or load a new track it does the same, as though a alfunction or something. As though i am persistently keeping the search button pressed. Funny thing is the software doesnt crash, nor does the other deck stop playing. BUT I MUST RESTART and that makes me look and sound like a fool.. Very annoying and EMBARRASSING. I have much faith in the program and the cosole but...
please, someone, be of assistance...

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 8:00 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 10:44 am
thanks but it did not help... Unfortunately it still crashes. I asked a friend of mine who is a musician and knows much about music technology and he suggested that i should be careful with VBR mp3s. Maybe that is the problem. Other than that, the link helped me tune up the options for better performance. Still, i dont think i can rely 100% on VDJ. I hope a fix will come up eventually. Thank you anyway.

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 2:47 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You should listen to your friend. VBR files are not friendly with VirtualDJ and most other applications. CBR files are recommended. As to your original issue with the search buttons, we are aware of the problem and working out a solution.

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 5:26 am
at least you are aware of it. I didnt know how to describe the problem... other than that guys i still have faith in VDJ5, but i believe that things might get better with an update or a fix.. My laptop is in perfect condition and the only software runnig is VDJ5! I think you must focus on issues like "reliability"... We dj's must trust the program. You cannot expect me to take my herc RMX console with VDJ5 tonight and tomorrow night and just HOPE nothing will go wrong. I will have my cd's and vinyls just in case... Thanks and keep it up :)

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 2:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)