Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: downloading VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys, im looking at buying VDJ. the problem i have is the machine the software will be first downloaded to is not the machine it will be used on. im using a OODJ laptop for the gigs and dont ever want it to be put online.
can i download the software to my pc then cut the file from that over to my OODJ unit and activate it without OODJ having to go online.
also, once VDJ is installed will i then have to go online for updates using OODJ?

going online with OODJ really is not an option for me

cheers guys

iain

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 7:04 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
what you have suggested is perfectly ok, i actually use that method myself, i would also burn a copy of your software after download to a disc...

hope to see you soon round the forums

Tayla

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 8:10 am
thanks for the reply mate.
so, as for updates etc do i just use the same method etc?
download to desktop and copy over from there?

im looking forward to getting into using the software. a few of the guys that work for me use it and really like it. i have held back due to trying to decide on what controller to go for. spotted the new one by pioneer and thought i would wait and see what happens with this.

thanks again

iain

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 8:43 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
iainaalpine wrote :
thanks for the reply mate.
so, as for updates etc do i just use the same method etc?
download to desktop and copy over from there?

im looking forward to getting into using the software. a few of the guys that work for me use it and really like it. i have held back due to trying to decide on what controller to go for. spotted the new one by pioneer and thought i would wait and see what happens with this.

thanks again

iain

Yes, later on you will have updates or new stand alone installations that you download to your Internet machine and than transfer it via CD, Flash drive etc.

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 10:42 am
thanks very much for your help guys

take it easy

iain

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 11:20 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no probs glad we could help

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 11:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)