Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No sound from the headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie to the world of vdj and i have bought the Herc Mk2 but i can't get the headphones to split channels on an external mixer.
and i can't assign sound to work on separate faders on ext mixer both channels come through the same channel.
any help in setting this up would be welcome.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 3:31 pm
Dude, your problem is this:

Hercules MK2 comes bundled with the home edition software, which is not designed for use with an external mixer. For this you'll need the pro version. If you're serious about your mixing, it's worth the extra cash, if you're just experimenting then £150 may be a bit expensive.

With the pro version you can run the MK2 as a 2 output soundcard, with outputs 1/2 plugged into your mixer's left channel (Line In) and outputs 3/4 to the right channel.

Next you'll need to configure VDJ for use with an external mixer, sending "left" output to channels 1/2 and "right" to 3/4

Step 3, open the settings for Hercules (found in control panel, or by clicking on the vinyl icon down in the bottom right of your screen near the clock).
Choose ASIO mode, then click on the "Advanced" tab and choose "External Mixer"

Alternatively, to mix from vinyl to VDJ have you headphones plugged into you mixer, then to mix within VDJ, plug your headphones into your Hercules.

I personally am not a fan of the internal software mixer compared to hardware mixers, so would recommend the upgrade to Pro and then use VDJ as if it were a couple of CDJs.

Try downloading the trial version of VDJ Pro, I'm pretty sure it let's you configure your Hercules for use with an external mixer. Then you'll get addicted and want to upgrade!

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 5:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)