Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Mk2 - Interference when moving controls.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I recently purchased one of these from Ebay which turned out to have a fault when using the headphone, however, between myself and the seller I managed to get a replacement under warranty which works apart from when I am using the jog wheel to setup a track (whilst another song is playing) you get interference through the speakers. This is also the same if you use the volume sliders and cross fader.

I am using the version of VDJ that comes with the unit and the 2008 drivers from Hercules.

Had a scout around this site but unable to find a similar discussion.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 1:54 pm
Don't know what version of VDJ your using obviously but the first thing I would try is an isolator.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 3:27 pm
I'm using VDJ3. Can you suggest where I can get an isolator from?

Thanks....

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 3:41 pm
Go to your local electronics store or car audio. It also may be your setup. If you have a decent computer. Set your performance tab to the left. Are you using TTs, If not go into your MK2 desktop and make your not in asio.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 4:29 pm
JamesDWPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Intersting... I just picked up a Total Control and hear interference when usingthe controls. I am using VDJ Pro 5. The controller is only connected to the pc via USB. It even happens with just the laptop speakers so no place to insert a isolator...

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 11:52 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
JamesDW wrote :
Intersting... I just picked up a Total Control and hear interference when usingthe controls. I am using VDJ Pro 5. The controller is only connected to the pc via USB. It even happens with just the laptop speakers so no place to insert a isolator...

Your problem comes in Performance, you can try lowering Performance tab in settings and disable Overclock and Safemode. Is it the same when you use sliders and knobs on the skin?

Posted Sat 31 May 08 @ 8:59 am
JamesDWPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I will try the performance settings. The noise does not happen with the software sliders. I returned the Hercules and bought a Numark DMC2. Will be delivered tomorrow.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 1:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)