Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX line-in problem.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I use VDJ Pro 5.08 for Mac OS with the Hercules RMX. I notice a sound corruption problem when I use the line-ins: after 15 or 20 minutes of use, the quality of the sound becomes very poor (does 'creaky' exist ?). This seems to be a VDJ problem as this doesn't happen with other software. To fix the problem, sometimes restarting VDJ is enough, sometimes I have to reboot my RMX. This is very annoying as I can't use timecoded vinyls or CDs normally... Anyone having this issue ?

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 6:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Currently only the VV box works effectively on mac for timecodes you would need one of these , better support for more cards is hoped for the next update 5.1 out soon.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 4:40 pm
Actually before the sound problem, the timecodes work perfectly... this is just a problem of sound corruption.

Posted Thu 22 May 08 @ 9:34 am
Hi again,
I just received my VDJ timecoded vinyls... same problem, they work (but not perfectly... see after ***) during the first 10 minutes, and then the line-in sound corrupts so the signal gets to 0%. So no more control. Arghlll...

*** moreover the Hercules RMX is still not supported correctly, depending on your line out (1-2 or 3-4) :
- either you get only one track ;
- either you get both but you permanently hear one in spite of the crossfader or the volume ;
- either you hear permanently the raw vinyl high sound over the music ;
- either... 4 different cases exist, and the only place where I hear what I'm supposed to hear is in my headphones.

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 5:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
magicnini wrote :
Hi again,
I just received my VDJ timecoded vinyls... same problem, they work (but not perfectly... see after ***) during the first 10 minutes, and then the line-in sound corrupts so the signal gets to 0%. So no more control. Arghlll...

*** moreover the Hercules RMX is still not supported correctly, depending on your line out (1-2 or 3-4) :
- either you get only one track ;
- either you get both but you permanently hear one in spite of the crossfader or the volume ;
- either you hear permanently the raw vinyl high sound over the music ;
- either... 4 different cases exist, and the only place where I hear what I'm supposed to hear is in my headphones.

Update to 5.08

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 2:43 pm
i did.

Posted Sat 24 May 08 @ 3:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)