Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rhythm vindow doesn't run smoothly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I was doing a VDJ gig this weekend after not using the software for a few months. Everything went great without a hick-up

However the Rhythm vindow didn't run smoothly, and it still doen't. It didn't matter since both decks ran non-smooth together with the same small pauses, but it made me a little nervous. I was afraid it was the first indicator that I was running low on resources, eventhough I used less then 10% CPU and less that half the RAM

My question is: Does the Rhythm vindow never run smoothly? Should I just ignore it? Or is it something I should look into?
I don't remember if it ran smoothly the last time around :-)

I use 5.0 rev 6 (and MKII, but it's the same without the MKII) on ag 1.66 ghz computer with 1.5 gb ram

Regards
Klaus Mogensen

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 10:51 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Did you updated any drivers since last time you used VDJ?
Looks like performance issue.

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 12:54 pm
I dont think so

It's the same VDJ version and the same MKII drivers, but I guess some automatic windows updates have occured

Which drivers should I look into or try replacing for the graphics part of VDJ?

Regards
Klaus Mogensen

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 7:44 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Update your graphics card driver and DirectX for start. Do you use Antivirus or some other software on that PC?

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 5:28 am
I second what Alf says.

Also, does this happen for you all the time?

I have a similar issue, but only when loading a track, or scanning a track for bpm, sometimes when applying effects with loops, or some other processor intensive task. For me the wave display sorts itself out when the intense period is over, then normal service resumes.

If you haven't already got the latsest driver from the "Hercules" website, give that a go too. It might not help with the wave display, but I've found it allows VDJ to react more smoothly to jog wheel input. The latest driver is the one for Vista / RMX and is also for XP and the MK2. Instruction are on the Hercules website.

Also, as Alf said, check that VDJ is the only application running whilst you're using VDJ. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open up Windows Task Manager, then see what Applications are running.

Also if you click on the Processes tab, then click on the text that says "CPU" the processes are arranged in order of CPU usage, which will let you know if anything's sneakily robbing you of processor power!

Try disabling your wireless internet too (having someone Skype call you mid-set is just so uncool!).

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 5:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)