Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules MK2 User:Finally GOT TimeCodes to work!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,
I was pretty skeptical at first, but after upgrading to VDJ 5.0 PRO I had some issues using my Numark TimeCoded vinyl. When I had 4.3 I mistakingly bought the Serato TimeCodes, but then from this board it was recommended to get the Numarks and it worked ok, but still had some consistency issues. Even after upgrading to version 5.0 I had even worse problems, but remedied the situation by playing with the ASIO drivers as well as performing a few tweaks:

1. I upgraded my RAM to 2 GB - smoother playback on a laptop when mixing in realtime.
2. Just started using the Serato Vinyls again and lo and behold....it works!!! Accurate and consistent with no breaks or skips.

My system:
Hercules MK2 for PC
RANE TTM54i
2 Technic 1200 M5G's with Shure M35X's and M44G's
Laptop:
IBM R61 Lenovo running Windows XP PRO
60 GB hard drive
2 gigs of RAM

** Set my Windows settings to MAXimum performance **
1. Click 'Start'
2. Right Click on 'My Computer'
3. Go to 'Properties', click on the 'Advanced' tab.
4. Click on 'Advanced' under the "performance' heading
5. Choose "Adjust for best performance"

You can view CPU / MEM usage while music is playing by pulling up the 'Task Manager' by hitting Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then choosing 'Performance'

** Note the M35X's seem to track better....probably because they don't sit too deep in the groove? **

I do mobiles mostly, just want to get club rockin', but scratch minimally. Either way I moved to digital because my crates were getting too heavy. Worked out quite nicely! Had to ease myself into it, using the MK2 as a dual deck CD player until I plunged in and invested in VDJ PRO...the software is great, you just need to put in your wrench time!
Regards,
Edze

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 10:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)