Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dac 3 with Mac Book Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mbayonaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi i have a problem, i hope someone can help me!!

I have this set: Mac Book Pro 2.4 15" intel, external sound card M Audio Fast Track Pro and a Dac 3. When i connect the sound card in the left usb port it doesnt work fine, when i connect it in the right usb port, it seems to work just fine, it only let me the choice to conect tha Dac 3 in the left usb port, (mac Book pro with 2 usb ports), the mac and the VDJ recognize the dac 3, but it is very slow!!, when the software loads a song, tha dac 3 takes 10 or 15 seconds more to load it!! So i have to wait so much time to set the song . Why?? What do i have to do to make the dac 3 works as fast as the software??

An adittional thing, i downloaded the dac 3 plugin, first i dont know if i installed it right, i think so, im thinking that maybe this plugin is the cause of the problem?

Thanks!

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 12:24 pm
Sorry, the DAC-3 mapper plugin is not compatible with the Mac version. It will only load and function on a PC.

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 12:46 pm
JPBoggis, is the DAC-3 mapper ever likely to be converted to work with MAC?

Ross M

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 5:57 am
It needs to brought up-to-date for VDJ 5.x on the PC first before that could even be considered, and at the present I'm simply too busy with the DMC-2 and Denon HC-4500.

None of my mappers have been released for the Mac yet, because I don't own or have access to one, making testing/debugging difficult. I can successfully cross-compile one from Linux though, which I have already done for the DMC-2 (Available as beta for VIP's.)

The DMC-2 mapper will probably be the first Mac-compatible plugin I will release (Followed by Denon HC-4500 once this is natively supported in the Mac version.)

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 12:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)