Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: When I activate "hardware accleration" it reduces video quality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi to all,

I'm using a Macbook pro 17" with OSX 10.5.2 (just bought in 2008) . Running VDJ 5.0.7 in bootcamp with XP. Everything runs perfect, except I can't get the clipbank to work unless I activate "hardware accleration". The problem is that "hardware accleration" reduces my video quality (makes the video's very bright hence a loss of colour quality). Is this a known issue or have I overlooked some details.

My video's are Promo Only ripped in VOB using IMTOODVD at the best settings (including the ambients). Could this be the problem, should I rip in a different format (I want the best quality possible).

Would appreciate some help or a solution.

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 8:22 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I am no Mac user, but why don't you use Mac version on Mac OS?

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 9:05 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
as evil windows runs on direct x you must enable hardware acceleration or it wont work thats how it processes effects.

If the video is slower unfortunately this is because it uses weaker drivers for the mac hardware , which are updated via the osx bootcamp updates.

You may also wish to try to run windows updates to ensure you have the latest fixes.

Why do you use bootcamp the native video on the mac is much better in 5.07 than in previous releases.

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 2:21 pm
I use the Denon HC4500, unfortunately Virtual DJ does not have native support for this unit, hence why I use bootcamp. Also, for some unusual reason it takes a long time to "start up" it appears to be unresponsive with my Mac. I tried to re-install but this did not help. Any suggestions?

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 3:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)