Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crackling noises using usb soundcard: Possible fix...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys!

I've been having this issue & came across this forum while trying to find a solution.

Just to let you know how I've fixed mine; I had an old powered usb hub lying around & since I'd tried all other options, I tried it to see if maybe the motherboard can't power the soundcard alone & if extra power would effect how the soundcard (maya44 usb) performed.

Once hooked up, I reinstalled the soundcard drivers, as it had changed usb port & in future using the exact same port on the hub for the card, or else you end up having to install drivers over & over. It's now been running for 3 hours since I did this & it's been 100%!!!! Not a single pop, hiss or crack...

Let me know if it works as I'd be very keen (& very much hope) to find out if I've finally cured such an irritating problem so many are having...

Steve (aka djscubasteve)

It's all about the house music & it always will be...

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 10:49 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Thank you for the information, it is useful. I have not ever had any problems with the quality of my sound, but mine is a licensed version. Please download the latest demo and support the software by purchasing a licensed copy.

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 2:20 pm
Thanks!

I totally intend on doing so ASAP!! I tried the demo, as well as several others, seeing as I've been a cdj forever I was hesitant about the laptop route.

I have to say I'm blown away by vdj's capabilities & potential, it's a credit to a lot of obvious dedicated efforts. My mate laughed it off & tried to convince me to get Traktor as he's used it for a long time but even he's considering using vdj having watched me mess about with it.

Just thought I'd post the info for anyone who may think the program is flawed due to this problem (as I did) & make the mistake of purchasing a different solution! Vdj is now top of my want list & as soon as my Visa's rested enough from my last slurge on 2 x CDJ 1000 mk 3's, DJM 3000 & EFX 1000, it will be mine, OH YES, it will be mine... ;)

Keep up the good work!!

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 11:58 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I see new Pro user soon :)

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 8:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)