Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: do or don't do the Denon hc-4500 controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Any one have any experience with the Denon 4500 contoller and VDJ-5?? Is VDJ supported natively out of the 4500 box? Or is there a complicated mapping set-up scheme? How is the 4500 built in sound card? ....I think I may like this to free up the serial bus sound card I'm curently using...but wonder is that TOO MUCH data streaming in the pipe? Any 4500 users please advise with details..Thanks in advance

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 11:48 pm
Hey djtops,

Alright here's the deal with the denon 4500:

1. With a PC it is supported and works great. (If you want more controls and bells and whistles, boggis and phantom dj have different mappers that you can use)

2. For a Mac you have to map it yourself and find ANOTHER mapper besides boggis or phantom to make it work.

The built in sound card sounds awesome. On thing make sure the denon 4500 DOES NOT go through a hub to make it work. Go straight to the computer.

Overall reading the forums response from denondjforums, virtual dj, and pcdj. Everyone is happy with the denon 4500 and loves it.

If you decide to buy a denon 4500 go through a registered dealer rather than ebay. You want to get a product with a serial number.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 8:20 am
aparsonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Liveunderthesky2000 wrote :

If you decide to buy a denon 4500 go through a registered dealer rather than ebay. You want to get a product with a serial number.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Very true....Make sure your product comes with a serial number...otherwise you won't be able to register it and get the latest updates. I found that out the hard way. I'm still waiting for the seller to answer to my emails in regards to the serial #...thankfuly,the Denon's guys are very helpful and assisted me all the way....

In regards to the controller itself, it is the best !!! I personally prefer boggis' mapper....everything in the controller works the way it should....

One more thing for CUE users reading this....CUE doesn't support the controller for the moment...I tried and tried different things with but nothing worked.

ap

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 8:25 am
The Controller is Hot.. So far the best ive used between the Dac 3 and the Denon.. The denon works nice. I can use it with V V and serato. The 5 cue pionts is great to use. makes dj ying alot easier... On Numark Cue, it works only with Midi. No native support for now. Probably in the next update, they will have it

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 2:53 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Fri 23 May 08 @ 7:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)