Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What controller to get?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

spdj20Home userMember since 2007
I need your guy's advice. I have been through so many different setups now, which none of them worked the way i wanted. Basically I'm just trying to re-create the DJ setup I had using my old dual cd deck and mixer, but through the computer. Shouldn't be too hard to do that right?

I started off with the BCD3000, complete and total crap. Sounded like crap, and there was delays from the buttons. So then I decided to try the TCCD approach using my Numark CDN90 and a Mixvibes U46MK2. Could never get that to work right either. There was always a delay, and I kept having sound issues.

So I sold my CDN90s on ebay and ended up getting a total control. The controller itself worked fine, the problem was trying to cue through the headphones. The U46MK2 only outputs master mix through the headphones, so there is no way to monitor the cue and mix, plus it really didn't matter what the faders were set at, you could still hear each channel through the mix. Pointless. So I figured it must be the sound card. I contacted ESI (who makes the hardware for the card) and you can only use that card to send out individual outputs per channel to a mixer. So what was the point in buying the total control then. I then contacted Numark, and they assured me the DJio would cue correctly through the headphones. Guess what...it sure didn't. Same exact problem. So it seems that you can only send the PFL through the headphones, and nothing else, you can get the mix in the headphones, but when you want to bring down the faders, you'll still hear that channel through the phones. How did they miss this when designing it?

So now I have to turn around and sell the Total Control. I'm thinking about just getting the DMC2 and still using my U46MK2 to pass the output to my mixer. Though I'm probably gonna have to buy a new mixer as well, because I have a humming sound in my old American Audio one.

I saw that the Hercules RMX has gotten some mixed reviews, but I just don't know if I wanna risk getting another all in one solution thats just gonna be more problems.

Any reccomendations on where to go from here? At this point I've sold my CDN90s so I have no means of DJing right now. I have to figure something out, but at this point, I'm just kinda lost

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 12:55 pm
Hello,i was in the same predicament you are right now. I tried a few set ups, they were ok but i wanted that dual cd feel and set up as well. this past January I bought the Denon HC-4500 and the Denon X500 mixer. I have to say so far I very impressed. The sound quality is great! The feel of the dual cd players are right on. It is supported by VDJ and with the 4500 plug in JPBossis made everything is running smooth. The controller has sound cards built into it.

Denon also sells a CD drawer for the controller so you can switch from the laptop to CDs. Do some research on the controller and you can decide for yourself.

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 2:44 pm
spdj20Home userMember since 2007
yeah I looked into that. All that together is gonna be a little out of my price range though. Right now I'm really leaning toward the DMC2 and seeing how that will work with my existing mixer and U46MK2 sound card. I do about 1 gig every couple months, so it seems a lot of money for as little as I do.

I guess my other big question is how decent is the U46MK2? Anyone else have it, and what have been your experiences with it?

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 4:00 pm

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 7:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)