Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with Hercules RMX and VDJ 5 DJC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I just got the Hercules RMX with the free bundled VDJ 5 DJC edition software the other day. It works fine for a while, but then for some reason it goes into some sort of mode where the beats don't align, even though the BPMs are the same. It actually happened in the middle of a mix one time. I can just about keep the mix in time by carefully moving the jog wheel for the incoming track clockwise, but this is not practical obviously, especially live. It continues like this until I restart the program, and then it's fine again. I've even tried mixing with the same track on both sides, with the pitch set to 0 on both sides, BPM identical, and the fault is still there, so it's not a case of me not being able to find the right tempo myself.

Also, my friend has the pro version which I'm thinking of upgrading to. He uses the Hercules Mp3 control. I brought the RMX over to his, but when I plugged it in, the lights flashed a few times, and then there was no lights displaying on the RMX. The VDJ5 Pro played OK just using the mouse, but didn't respond to anything the RMX did. But, when we disconnected the RMX, the music stopped. I realise that second problem is probably something I should direct to Hercules, but if anyone has a quick fix that would be great.

Thanks!

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 7:08 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
My cousin just bought the RMX and said this happened to him. Have you updated to all the latest drivers and software.

Drivers from www.hercules.com and software from the VDJ upgrade page

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 7:42 am
I just received the Hercules DJ Console RMX, what a huge difference with the first model HDJC.

First, make sure you install the latest drivers from the Hercules support website. This will also upgrade the firmware in the HDJC RMX console.
Second, install the latest version of VDJ Pro from the VDJ upgrade page (it should be 5.0.7. or better). When I first tried VDJ Pro with the HDJC RMX I was running VDJ v5.0 rev. 6, it didn't detect the HDJC RMX.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Hippo

Posted Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 5:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)